• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

UPDATE UH OH. IDEAS? Tense! Awaiting my answer!

Donneybrook

Elite Member
My father and i went to a house today whose 7ish acres of woods we believe contain a Second Seminole War fort! The owners brother-in-law said he'd call back, i think we have a good chance! So close! I've been begging my dad if we could go ask forever, I hope its finally time for the payday!!

UPDATE:
Went by the property today and saw posted signs. :cuss: I'll go back to ask at some point but am really scared now. :gaah::cuss: :please:

Thx guys! Should be lots of buttons, bullets and a few coins and much more

Good luck with you permission. Hope it happens.

Not sure if you told him the details of exactly why you wanted to be there, but I try to keep it as vague as possible. I once tried to get permission for an old cemetery by a creek (Relax all you anti-cemetary people.... there is more to the story) Apparently, this cemetery was around in the mid 1800's and kept getting flooded, so they exhumed all the bodies and moved them to another cemetery across town and sold off the land. When I told the owner all the details, he thought it was awesome and seemed totally fine with it. I had a buddy coming up who had actually done the research so when I got an actual date for the hunt, i stopped by again and was avoided like the plauge. He was home, and I talked to his kid, but couldn't get permission. tried several times over the next month or so, and even saw him hide behind the staircase once so he didn't have to face me.

Learned 2 things that day:
1) tell the owner what you need to tell him to warrant you asking to hunt his property but try not to make it sound like some amazing spot or they will think your going to find gold coins everywhere.
2) be ready to hunt when you ask so they don't change their mind later.

Good luck with what sounds like a killer site.

Good luck with you permission. Hope it happens.

Not sure if you told him the details of exactly why you wanted to be there, but I try to keep it as vague as possible. I once tried to get permission for an old cemetery by a creek (Relax all you anti-cemetary people.... there is more to the story) Apparently, this cemetery was around in the mid 1800's and kept getting flooded, so they exhumed all the bodies and moved them to another cemetery across town and sold off the land. When I told the owner all the details, he thought it was awesome and seemed totally fine with it. I had a buddy coming up who had actually done the research so when I got an actual date for the hunt, i stopped by again and was avoided like the plauge. He was home, and I talked to his kid, but couldn't get permission. tried several times over the next month or so, and even saw him hide behind the staircase once so he didn't have to face me.

Learned 2 things that day:
1) tell the owner what you need to tell him to warrant you asking to hunt his property but try not to make it sound like some amazing spot or they will think your going to find gold coins everywhere.
2) be ready to hunt when you ask so they don't change their mind later.

Good luck with what sounds like a killer site.

Yeah, that would have sucked to have to dig up those soggy rotting bodies :shock: I haven't told them anything about what's there. You'd think they wouldnt care cause the area i asked to hunt it about 5 acres (leaving about 2 acres between there house and the area i want to hunt, and then there is probably another acre between there adding up to about three acres distance! They're never gonna do anything with it, *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom