Kids are great

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and my son Adam who just turned 7 alittle over a week ago said he wants to buy his mom something for her birthday. I told him that I ran into town this morning while he was at school and picked her up a few things. I told him I bought two birthday cards one for me to give her and one for him to sign and give her. I told him that he could wrap up one of the things I got her (fancy bottle of bubble bath body wash or what ever it is) and he said he wasn't going to sign the card or give her the present because he wanted to buy her something with his own money. I couldn't change his mind, he was really upset, he told his mom while she was reading a bedtime story to him (which she does every night) that he wanted to take one of his toys to school tomorrow and sell it so he can get some money to get her a gift. She told him that wouldn't be a good idea and he said yeah I might get in trouble. I was thinking that I would find some little chore for him to help me with tomorrow after school and pay him alittle bit for helping me, then take him into town and let him get mom a present. I figure having him help me would make him feel like he earned the money instead of just given to him. I am sure many of you with children can relate to this. Steve.

The way it worked with me was report cards and work. On report cards, If I got an A I got ten dollars, eight for a B and so on (I never made much money this way).
With work I got payed according to the job, what we we're doing, how hard it was, and how good of a job I did. My parents only gave me stuff for birthdays and Christmas. I earned everything else I got. And i'm glad they did it that way. I appreciate money now.
Best thing to remember is don't start off making work seem like a bad thing, If he does a good job, let him know it. Tell him how much it helped you out and say thanks and all that. Teaching me how to work was the best thing my parents ever did.

He could give her a detector maybe a ace 250 then if she didn't like it she could give it to you . lol
Good kid you must be raising him right he has good ideas and wants to do it the
right way . Wish all children were like that .

Harold

It always amazes me that most places require you to get a licence for a dog, but no requirements are needed to raise a kid.
Because of this, lots of people do it wrong, really wrong...this world and the prisons are full of the results.

YOU did it right...he will end up to be a wonderful contributing member of society, one day.
You should be proud!:clap:

Back
Top Bottom