Minelab Excalibur II / Peltor HY80 Ear Cushions ?

Anthony

I recently purchased a pair of these HY80's to replace my original ear cushions on my Minelab headphones on my Excalibur II. I have read that some people glued them on with Aqua Seal or Gorilla Glue. I peeled the cushions off the plastic backing and repressed them on to the original headphone backings without any issues. They seem to fit well and be just a tad smaller then the original ear pads. Has anyone else switched them out using the procedure I used? Gluing the plastic back of the HY80's to the backing of the original headphones seemed a little messy and may prevent putting the original pads back on.

I started the Gel Pads thing 6 years ago.. used the Hy80 first and they are the only ones that have the glued back which are stuck to a mounting plate. Which peels off with a little effort and stick very well. Twice the price of one's similar without the mounting plate and self sticky. So that's why we use Aquaseal, never a problem, and half the price of the HY80 the D200's work the same. I have no clue who would use gorilla glue but they may never come off...
Feb 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivV0cHjgSD4

Attachments

• OBN0384.jpg
    OBN0384.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 907
  • OBN0385.jpg
    OBN0385.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 815
I found one cheap HY80 on Skygeek site. Under 18$/ pair, I hope fits to my peltor headphone.

http://www.skygeek.com/hy80.html

Looking forward to hearing how those work for you. Looks like the have a ridge around the exterior, but it says they fit all Peltors but two. Would like to know if it has the peel & stick back... doesn't look like it does.

15 posts in five years? Don't know if I should say "Welcome back!" or "Boy! You're burnin' up the forum now!" :laughing:

Raider Regards,

R5

I found one cheap HY80 on Skygeek site. Under 18$/ pair, I hope fits to my peltor headphone.

http://www.skygeek.com/hy80.html

Those look like the HY80's for sure at a great price. The HY80 comes with a base that snaps into the peltor earcup. to use on other headsets one must peel and stick onto the other set. I have moved onto another type which seem to last longer, not squash, and seem to be better at blocking the outside noise. But the HY80's were very good quality so might be worth going for another set.

The idea of replacement ear cushions never came to my mind. Capitalism in action. Amazing! Where do I buy replacement ear cushions for White's Dual Field PI? Mine are wasted.

The idea of replacement ear cushions never came to my mind. Capitalism in action. Amazing! Where do I buy replacement ear cushions for White's Dual Field PI? Mine are wasted.

All of the above will fit, just not perfect. Shoegoo, Aquaseal will keep them in place. The HY80 unpeeled from it's base will stick right on if done ASAP ..

Check for promo codes. I got 5% off using "error404". :D

R5

If you've never upgraded the seals on your earphones it makes a world of difference for comfort and sealing out outside noise... Best cheap mod out there!

Note; the hard plastic back on these does not snap directly into the Peltor H10A. Use a razor to cut around the edge of the H10A pads to remove the original foam pad. Keep the hard plastic back to apply the new gel pads as OBN commented earlier.

Good deal on these!

R5

Resurrecting this thread because I think it's good information, especially if you're in my boat where your pads sprung a leak and the backing is peeling off from the headphone base.

Looks like the link above for under $20 is no longer the price as it has now tripled. If anyone finds a solid deal, feel free to post.

Best I've found is http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilot...SM6GyYq0nDG8wyyOsWqzaxnTpMjUb1sBoC8loQAvD_BwE but those may not be actual HY80 so I'm not sure if they'll fit properly.

I have used gorilla glue. Takes a little bit of work to scrape it off but it sticks the pads on and they stay untill you want to remove them.

Resurrecting this thread because I think it's good information, especially if you're in my boat where your pads sprung a leak and the backing is peeling off from the headphone base.

Looks like the link above for under $20 is no longer the price as it has now tripled. If anyone finds a solid deal, feel free to post.

Best I've found is http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilot...SM6GyYq0nDG8wyyOsWqzaxnTpMjUb1sBoC8loQAvD_BwE but those may not be actual HY80 so I'm not sure if they'll fit properly.
Those are the one's I use, seem to be easier on the ears..and block noise better.

Well if they are OBN approved, that's music to my ears! Do you still recommend mounting with aquaseal?
That what I use because I have it laying around but any good adhesive would work. gorilla glue..good stuff...

Attachments

• 20190909_222738.jpg
    20190909_222738.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 439
That what I use because I have it laying around but any good adhesive would work. gorilla glue..good stuff...

I have yet to mount them to my excal II as they seem to be just a bit smaller than the headphone base. Did you find this to be true in your case as well? Did it make a difference and were you able to mount them still using aqua seal?

I have yet to mount them to my excal II as they seem to be just a bit smaller than the headphone base. Did you find this to be true in your case as well? Did it make a difference and were you able to mount them still using aqua seal?

Yes, they don't fit perfect but really do help with outside noise. And yes on the aquaseal..which I still use. The set I have on my favorite headphones are holding up very well, been on for several years now.

This year has been a issue with wind or I forgot how bad it can be ..so I am thinking of a way to block wind or soften it's harshness when the gust hit hard. I tried putting hood over my head, no luck..blew off..last trip out I put a heavy T shirt over all (looking out the neck hole) and seemed to help some. But now I am thinking some type of mesh covered in fur like they use on micro phones outside in windy conditions. It would be covering the headphone cups....It would require a set that would only be used for those high winds days. Hearing faints in PP is very important..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1S0A0MCr58

Back
Top Bottom