Lightning Strikes & the Slump is Over!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I headed yesterday on ideal conditions to South Beach for an afternoon hunt for the 4:30 pm low tide. There was little surf and the beach had a large amount of tourists as it was a beautiful sunny day. I started hunting just before 2pm and headed north. The 1st pirate that I met, of the 5-6 that I saw, was none other than Casper! (Casper and Sandman were 2 highly succesful :pirates: I that I followed a lot when I first started water hunting years ago because they both used CZ’s :bowdown:). We talked for a bit and he told me about a nice Cartier watch that he found yesterday and a high karat band that he had found hunting in the morning. After the stories of his finds I was hopeful that today I would be ending my slump. After about an hour north of where I started, there was nice amount of erosion near shore. I had noticed that almost all of the pirates that I passed had taken a deeper line about 5 yards off the shoreline and out so I took my line inside that, nearly right next to the shoreline. That’s when the greenies and darkies showed up. Finding the sinker on South Beach gave me hope as those are rare to come by there. I found the silver band that I had to give a 2nd look to thinking it may have been a bottle cap ring...but it wasn’t! It was at the halfway point of the hunt, at just about 2 hours in, that the sweet mid-tone sounded through my headphones. And just like that I was hit by that yellow lightening and the slump was over! :dingding: I didn’t gawk at it too much but I noticed that it had that nicer yellow color to it than normal 10K as I put it away. :D In the last 2 hours of the hunt I found the other silver ring and that nice and heavy Cuban link silver chain. I talked to a couple of the other pirates. One was named Mark and he thinks he had 2 golds possibly 3 so he did great as well. My last real gold finds were on 7/26 - 18 hunts ago!!! It seems the horribly sanded in conditions that Irma brought may be finally over. :clapping::cheer::excited:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU PIRATES! :turkeyday:

Attachments

• 11-22-17.jpg
    11-22-17.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 848
  • 11-22-17 Stuff.jpg
    11-22-17 Stuff.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 784
  • 11-22-17 Gold Ring.jpg
    11-22-17 Gold Ring.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 766
  • 11-22-17 Ring Set.jpg
    11-22-17 Ring Set.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 790
  • 11-22-17 Chain.jpg
    11-22-17 Chain.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 763
  • 11-22-17 Fits.jpg
    11-22-17 Fits.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 790
  • 11-22-17 Trash.jpg
    11-22-17 Trash.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 749
  • Thanks!!.jpg
    Thanks!!.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 761
Last edited:
Good work Felix!! Low those gold bands!! And I heard you ran into the Northern Bandit, Casper!

Good work Felix!! Low those gold bands!! And I heard you ran into the Northern Bandit, Casper!

Yep, he was was a good pirate to meet! He was plundering my gold down down here with the CZ. :lol:

Yep, he was was a good pirate to meet! He was plundering my gold down down here with the CZ. :lol:

Yes he is a traveling pirate! He tried to plunder here but conditions were not the best. A great guy and a sweet GF!

Very nice finds and congrats on ending your slump! Throw that phone in some rice and she'll be working as good as new.:p

Way to go Felix. I wondered about those copper things too. I found a few of them and thought they were welding sticks.

Way to go Felix. I wondered about those copper things too. I found a few of them and thought they were welding sticks.
:?: I don't know as I've never seen a copper welding stick but I have seen a lightning rod.

Always nice to break that drought. Congrats on the gold! I was curious about 980 so did a little research and found its most likely antique. Most done in the 40’s and 50’s and came from Mexico or France.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom