• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Took The New Garrett ACE APEX Out For A Water Hunt Today

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Read the manual last night, went through the different programs to familiarize myself to the APEX and charged up both the wireless APEX Module and the Garrett MS-3 wireless headphones. Got up early, did a pre-function test, and the components worked as they should. I had been planning my first water hunt for some time for today, so I thought I would use the APEX. To keep it simple, I hunted in jewelry mode, @ 5 KHz hoping to get a silver ring or coin. I manually ground balanced the APEX prior working the shallow water. I also attached the Garrett shoulder sling on the detector, in case I accidentally dropped it, the electronics wouldn't go in to the water. It took a little time to get used to the 5 different tones, and being able to adjust the iron audio is a real blessing.

Hunting in jewelry mode, I dug all the repeatable signals, and was pleased to see how easy it was to get a nice clear high tone on the audio, for all three coins.

Here are the coins I dug. This location gave me 3-4 silver quarters last year using the Garrett AT Max. The AT Pro just didn't seem to have enough depth to get a silver here. Getting a silver coin in the water with the APEX was a real surprise!

Attachments

• DSCN2659.jpg
    DSCN2659.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 927
Well , I don't see any jewelry in "jewelry" mode. But you did an honest review on your 1st hunt with it. I'm sure it will get better the more you use it. GL...

Well , I don't see any jewelry in "jewelry" mode. But you did an honest review on your 1st hunt with it. I'm sure it will get better the more you use it. GL...

Whaddya mean no jewelry? Pull tabs make fine rings! :laughing:

Thanks for the "first impressions" review! I am definitely looking at this detector as my next purchase or for my wife to use.

Looks like a good machine, just wasn’t any jewlery to find. I’m sure if it were there the apex would get it. I like the multi frequency aspect of it,along with the expanded ID range.

Nice.

In another thread, someone said you were connected to Garrett.

I guess since you have the new machine, you must be.

My machine is to assess how our coinage reacts with the APEX. The final released version will be much different. Canada is one of America's biggest trading partners.

Here's a link to much more information about the APEX.

https://garrett.com/sport/ace/apex

My machine is to assess how our coinage reacts with the APEX. The final released version will be much different. Canada is one of America's biggest trading partners.

Here's a link to much more information about the APEX.

https://garrett.com/sport/ace/apex

Thanks, but if you are connected with Garrett, please say so.

Nothing wrong if you are, but in the spirit of openness, why not?

Would it make a difference on the performance of the machine if John is affiliated with Garrett? Every dealer is affiliated with Garrett if they're looking to make money, best selling detectors now for a long time .
I like Garrett. But I have other machines that do better at certain things. No brand loyalty here, I use them all.

Would it make a difference on the performance of the machine if John is affiliated with Garrett? Every dealer is affiliated with Garrett if they're looking to make money, best selling detectors now for a long time .
I like Garrett. But I have other machines that do better at certain things. No brand loyalty here, I use them all.

No, but it would make a difference in how that performance is analyzed, interpreted and presented.

I have nothing to do with Garrett and I did a review of it recently on just what I see about on a website and what I thought about it
If Garrett needs people to review the machine on a beach let me know.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

No, but it would make a difference in how that performance is analyzed, interpreted and presented.

That said how many testers have you ever heard say something like "this detector sucks" ? I think John's machine is to get feedback on what can make the detector better. Not only for the final release of the Apex but the PRO Apex or whatever Garrett chooses to name it.

Remember Garrett is doing opposite of Minelab where they went from the Nox to the Vanquish. Garrett will be moving forward. I think John's feedback will give Garrett ideas for features that should be included and maybe some that shouldn't be included.

On my end it doesn't make any difference if he has a "gig" with Garrett. There are testers all over the world for Detector companies. They will balance each other out at the end of the day. Garrett can review the data and make an informed decision. That way not just one tester can leverage how a detector works. Honestly, I don't think it's anyone's business what his affiliation with Garrett is.

Back
Top Bottom