New to Forum

CalReg

Forum Supporter
Greetings All,

I used to metal detect as a teenager, searching parks, beaches and the occasional old site. Now as I approach 60, I've decided to return to the fold and use the hobby as a means to get outside and have fun.

Welcome from Georgia!

I feel bad for you. There is a guy in California that you have to report all your finds to and pay a 30% tax before you can keep them. Bummer.

Greetings from Salinas. An hour south of you.

And by now I'm sure you're aware of the forum rules for fellow CA hunters: You must send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal. Now go find some cool stuff ! :cool3:

Hey Tom,

I'm thinking of driving down to Carmel to MD at the beach. I'm sure you've been there. Any luck?

Hey Tom,

I'm thinking of driving down to Carmel to MD at the beach. I'm sure you've been there. Any luck?

I've hunted Carmel beach for decades.

At present, there's no erosion going on. So the beach is most likely sanded in and soft. In fact, it's been a few years in a row since the last time we've seen any good storms and erosion .

So you'd be stuck on the dry sand. There is a zone on the dry sand there where I've pulled over 100 silver coins, and countless wheaties , etc.... It's been pretty much "tapped out" though. Still though, sometimes I flex my muscles in the zone and am able to eek out another one or to or three if I try hard.

If you make it down this way, look me up.

Greetings All,

I used to metal detect as a teenager, searching parks, beaches and the occasional old site. Now as I approach 60, I've decided to return to the fold and use the hobby as a means to get outside and have fun.

I'd say you're using it for a great purpose!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You should see a marked improvement in metal detectors and much less weight at a bit over 2 pounds, partially due to a lot less batteries of machines past. Hopefully it translates into many great finds for you. HH

Back
Top Bottom