• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bounty Hunter IV maiden voyage strikes zinc!

Ramble

So, I settled on the BH Tracker IV for a starter machine. I had a particularly lousy day and decided to learn a little bit about sweeping and tones in my yard (never mind it’s night right now.) After testing a few different coins and getting an idea of what to listen for, I headed into the deep turf. Not kidding- that stuff is a good four inches of fescue roots.
After about three minutes I got my first actual beep! Took another minute to pin it down, and...success! A Zincoln. The earth was well on its way to reclaiming this rascal, but it shall now have a place of honor as the first unearthed wonder. Life is good.

Attachments

• 9A5B602B-3A16-4AD5-8E40-3A4D3099DBEE.jpeg
    9A5B602B-3A16-4AD5-8E40-3A4D3099DBEE.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 4FD968A7-E13C-44A5-8D87-8404E45E13CD.jpeg
    4FD968A7-E13C-44A5-8D87-8404E45E13CD.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 211
  • CB51699B-5969-4846-8D60-11638B1CA5D2.jpeg
    CB51699B-5969-4846-8D60-11638B1CA5D2.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 209
Congrats on your first find! The first of any target is always exciting, let alone your first ever.

I'd recommend you get a coin flip (penny mylar coin holder) and save it. I wish I did mine, but after the initial excitement I pushed ahead until I had a handful of finds and I did not know which it was - or where even those went now.

A good choice for a detector. I liked my past Tracker IV's I had, and even found my first silver coin (1926 Mercury dime) with one.

Night hunts doesn't slow down some, or rain, snow, etc... :lol: Hopefully it will be the first find of many for you. HH

Congrats on the first coin! I’ve just started recently as well using a Tracker and I’ve had a lot of fun with it. Did you get the free pinpointer with it? Mine was pretty useless and I almost immediately bought a better one. I would highly recommend it if you have not. The Tracker will find plenty to keep you busy digging but without a good pointer it is very frustrating.

Congrats on the first coin! I’ve just started recently as well using a Tracker and I’ve had a lot of fun with it. Did you get the free pinpointer with it? Mine was pretty useless and I almost immediately bought a better one. I would highly recommend it if you have not. The Tracker will find plenty to keep you busy digging but without a good pointer it is very frustrating.

I have a Tracker IV aslo.

Agree 100% with the pinpointer recommendation.

I used ha harbor freight pinpointer until I got my Garrett carrot.

So much easier for me with a pinpointer.

I did get the free Pinpointer and I agree...unless it’s pretty much touching the coin, it seems to be metal blind:laughing: What Pinpointer did you get?

That looks like some tough digging! Congrats on getting out and nabbing your first zinc cent! I still dig those more often that I’d prefer!

I did get the free Pinpointer and I agree...unless it’s pretty much touching the coin, it seems to be metal blind:laughing: What Pinpointer did you get?

If you’re holding a dime and you touch it with the BH pinpointer it will indeed confirm it’s a coin. :lol:

I bought a Garrett Pro Pointer AT which will set you back a little more than you paid for your detector, but it is a necessity and will make your hunting so much more enjoyable.

If you’re holding a dime and you touch it with the BH pinpointer it will indeed confirm it’s a coin. :lol:

I bought a Garrett Pro Pointer AT which will set you back a little more than you paid for your detector, but it is a necessity and will make your hunting so much more enjoyable.

I’m not sure I would even want to MD without a PP.

I’m not sure I would even want to MD without a PP.

A growing sentiment but it is a rather recent accessory, and even more recently a common one. Garrett released their first version of the Pro-Pointer in 2008, White's was the original Bullseye in 1998, and Sun Ray probes started manufacturing in 1997. Due to the big prices when they came out I didn't know anyone that had one until maybe 15 years ago.

Since I got my first pinpointer on June 8, 2012 I haven't been without a PP either. My current PP a White's Bullseye II is really great and until it arrived I was holding off on any new hunts. So I agree if there is money for one, get one. :D

Ramble, sorry for my earlier "locker room humor" joke. It's a common joke here to say you're jealous of someone else's pulltabs or whatever. I didn't stop to think how poorly that would come off when, talking to someone who literally truly has only found the pulltab or zinc, etc.... So please accept my apology for the way that came across.

Ramble, sorry for my earlier "locker room humor" joke. It's a common joke here to say you're jealous of someone else's pulltabs or whatever. I didn't stop to think how poorly that would come off when, talking to someone who literally truly has only found the pulltab or zinc, etc.... So please accept my apology for the way that came across.

:lol: If that’s the worst thing someone says to me, I’m in pretty good shape. No worries👍

Back
Top Bottom