• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Moved to Colorado

0z0ne

With my new lesche and pro-pointer AT (courtesy of Chuck at Indian Nations!!) I am ready to start digging here in Colorado!

I live in Boulder, though am quite open to driving an hour or two to meet up and hunt.

Been trying to figure out local regulations and have found mixed opinions on the subject.

Let me know if you are near, or have any info.!

Best,

0z0ne

Hello OzOne, I live in Thornton about 30min from Boulder. It would be great to meet up with some other guys from Colorado, I may try to get out this weekend for a hunt. The best thing to do is call the city parks dept. and ask what their regs. are for MDing in their city, Boulder I imagine is against it as they are against most anything that has to do with digging/gold panning/hunting. Just PM me and I'll get back to you if your interested in a dirt hunt.

Best,
Dennis(DDdoerr)

I just got my first detector and I am ready to head out and explore. I generally have weekends off and would like to meet up with some people and learn the hobby. I have some ideas on locations, just want to guidance. I hope to hear from some others. Message me so we can meet up. Thanks.

...Boulder I imagine is against it as they are against most anything that has to do with digging/gold panning/hunting.

Best,
Dennis(DDdoerr)

Boulder is against anything and everything! Guns, hunting, gold panning, digging, religion, oil, gasoline, and probably even ice cream and puppies too. You will find that Boulder is a lot like San Francisco.... and I'll leave it at that.

Sounds like door knocking is about the only option. Plenty of yards to hunt if
you are up to it. GL & HH.

I have never had any trouble with Boulder in their parks. About the only real Denver metro problems you should be aware of is that Wheat Ridge parks require a permit and the guidelines are ridiculous IMHO. Then Denver city parks you cannot dig in turf areas and have to use coin popping methods. Dirt areas are okay to use a digger. Douglas County open spaces I think were off limits too. I may review the current Wheat Ridge guidelines and try to find the 10 square feet they might be allowing. Of course schools are fair game outside of school hours.

Back
Top Bottom