pocket knife brand?

bulldog69

Hello:

I found this pocket knife where there is a mixture of 40's and present day "stuff". The blades were completely rusted away. Anyone have an idea of the brand?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5294.JPG
    IMG_5294.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 281
Andy105 may have it. I see the ends on the emblem are slightly more rounded on the one I posted, sometimes the hunt for the answers is almost as fun as the hunt for the object itself!

Andy105 may have it. I see the ends on the emblem are slightly more rounded on the one I posted, sometimes the hunt for the answers is almost as fun as the hunt for the object itself!

DSM's NY Knife Co.'s logo looks like it too. Schrade was a NY company., both in Walden, NY. Maybe they're related? Dunno:?:

No idea on the brand. But the one on ebay, WOW. Where did they learn how to sharpen a good knife.:shock:
Looks like one my dad carried. The old guys sharpened their knives on whatever was handy, bricks, concrete steps, etc. It really wears the blade down.

Cliff

No way of ever getting a positive ID on your old knife. It is an easy-open jack, a common pattern made by many companies. The shield is called a propeller shield, and again, used by many companies. Old guys did not just sharpen their knives on bricks or concrete, only the old fools did so. My father, uncles, and grandfathers only sharpened their knives on proper whetstones. There are many old knives that show abuse and many which don't. Walden was home to a lot of great knife companies but they were not necessarily related.

As in anything else, there are those that know how to do the right thing. There are also a lot of others that use whatever is handy to get the job done. I've seen more old knives with damaged blades than good ones. Of course I am looking at knives used to work with, not collector pieces.

Cliff

thanks for input

After reading replies and doing more research, I have concluded that I will not be able to find the maker but it was an interesting attempt. Thanks to all!

Back
Top Bottom