What Headphones do you use?

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Looking to purchase a nice set..something better then the crappy 30 dollar ones to go with my SE PRO. Its going to help me find my silver. Let me know what ya got and if you like them.

Thanks,
AFMIKE:cool:

Rattlers. Love having one ear uncovered to be able to hear others, surroundings, etc. very pleased with them.

I'm with Elbie. The one-eared Rattler is my favorite unit for all the reasons mentioned. Very well made and the cord is just the right length. Rarely gets snagged in the brush.

Killer B Stingers (one cup) when I have the kids or by myself.

Killer B Hornets when hunting with friends and the wife has the kids.

BTW, I asked the local detector store if he had any consignment headphones when I wanted a pair but the budget was limited. The owner said he had a personal set of Hornets that he'd sell for $60. When I checked them out, they were in pristine cond. I thought they might be since he's the owner and could go between any he sold. Just an idea. I know money don't grow on trees.

It comes out of the ground! :lol:

Hey Mike!
I use the Killer B Wasp's. They work well... There's also a fella on here by the handle of Gauntlet who custom makes them, pretty decent price, too! I've heard good things about them, but haven't used them personally, yet!

Some generic MD headphones I picked up for $20 at the store I bought my detector. They don't have any branding on them but they are comfortable, have 2 volume knobs, are stereo and work great.

I am using an old set of realistic stereo headphones that I picked up at a second hand store several years ago. I have always loved the way they sound. The only problem I've found with using them for MD'ing is that they don't have adjustable volume. Other than that all signals sound great...

I just bought Grey Ghosts a couple weeks ago and love them. Prior to that I was using the Koss noise reduction phones which I liked because they have an extra long cable but those GGs are lighter, more comfortable, and sound so much better.

I really like my Ratphones during cold weather and wish they wouldn't have quit making them. I also like my Rattlers when the weather is nice. :signals:

I use both the Killer Bs and the grey ghost. I like the tight seal of the grey ghosts, but I like the sound quality of the Killer Bs. I have a pair coming from Gauntlet next week. I can't wait to give them a try.

G2M

I used my Bose earbuds with my last detector and loved them. However, when I bought the AT Pro, it has a unique headphone plug, and the adaptor to convert to a headphone jack is about $35. So now I use the stock Garrett headphones that came with it. Dual volume, mono/stereo, crisp, lightweight and cool....I like them a lot, but they are big and that they do not fit over my boonie hats.

i run wireless on both my machines......i'll never go wired again:music:

I'm a Grey Ghost fan also,love the NDT's because of the replaceable cord :yes: Have a set of sunray's also but they need the the cord replaced(twice now):mad:

I use the Garrett Mastersound Headphones... nothing fancy, but I didnt have a lot to work with.

Back
Top Bottom