Back for a Short Update

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Folks at marina's are getting smart! I get a call about a gold chain that fell between cracks in a dock. i figure I could feel it in the muck if I moved very slow. No luck trying to feel for it. They tell me it had a gold boat pendant on it. GREAT. I take my Tiger Shark down and after a few beeps and I had it in my hand. Dock next to him had lost a set of keys a few weeks earlier. Went down and got them in a few seconds. Then another few docks down a pair of Oakley glasses last year. No problem. Snagged them also. Next was a fishing pole lost last year. That was nowhere to be found. Maybe a fish dragged it away, No idea. Then I was told of a I-phone off the party dock! On my way there I was told about a chair that went swimming off another dock the day before. Went down and got the chair. Then I swam further down and got the I-phone. Not a bad average but if I would have stayed longer I probably would have found that fishing pole.

This summer has been absolutely WILD. Between all the finds I have 53 five star reviews on Facebook now and not even half left them. It has been a wild fun ride.

I took my friend Paula metal detecting yesterday and I think she got a gold wire ring. We didn't look closely at it yet actually. We were busy and very tired when I took her home. I will get a picture and post her finds today sometime. We dove the first time together the day before yesterday and absolutely enjoyed the time we had together underwater.

Some folks will be very happy to hear that this year has been my absolute worst in finding wild gold since around 2003. If I have counted right I have 7 rings and a bracelet.

However, it has been my very best year in the water finding things for folks. My summers are changing gears. I am sure they will continue but better. I am thinking that there will be no more scubadetector next summer. I really am hoping there is going to be a scubadetetector team. But no matter what happens I think my diving for folks is going to pick up big time.

Business taking off and making a name for yourself, not a bad deal! Best of luckin assembling the team, sounds like you found a good partner there!

It's great to have a good reputation in the hobby, and you're proving that! :) Always enjoy reading your adventures, keep up the good work!

Good to hear scuba, you deserve the best. Now a team..:friends:

You have had a CRAZY summer, goes to show demand is high when you have a quality service to offer, GREAT JOB!

I'm all well to familiar with other things taking up your time and keeping you from searching for the gold. What with going back to work and other things this year has been my worst as well for finding gold. That business you're in is taking off big time and seems to pay better than being a pirate. From my point of view being a pirate is a lot more fun.

Oh well, I'll retire permanently next summer and spend the time searching the sands

Great play-by-play stories as usual Scuba !

With all your experience at this, you would get a laugh at a documentary I watched once: Some archaeologist dudes were studying the stuff at some ancient European lake. They had found old medieval swords under where piers on the lake, had been during medieval times.

And the archie is interviewed, giving his theory about how there must have been some religious ceremonial reason. Ie.: "The warriors offered up their swords to appease the gods, before going into battle". And then he showed the viewers how it probably was done, by mimicking a tossing one's sword over the side of the dock.

But as you well know, that's utter nonsense. People loose stuff over the sides of docks, all the time. With zero ceremonial or ritual significance.

Folks at marina's are getting smart! I get a call about a gold chain that fell between cracks in a dock. i figure I could feel it in the muck if I moved very slow. No luck trying to feel for it. They tell me it had a gold boat pendant on it. GREAT. I take my Tiger Shark down and after a few beeps and I had it in my hand. Dock next to him had lost a set of keys a few weeks earlier. Went down and got them in a few seconds. Then another few docks down a pair of Oakley glasses last year. No problem. Snagged them also. Next was a fishing pole lost last year. That was nowhere to be found. Maybe a fish dragged it away, No idea. Then I was told of a I-phone off the party dock! On my way there I was told about a chair that went swimming off another dock the day before. Went down and got the chair. Then I swam further down and got the I-phone. Not a bad average but if I would have stayed longer I probably would have found that fishing pole.

This summer has been absolutely WILD. Between all the finds I have 53 five star reviews on Facebook now and not even half left them. It has been a wild fun ride.

I took my friend Paula metal detecting yesterday and I think she got a gold wire ring. We didn't look closely at it yet actually. We were busy and very tired when I took her home. I will get a picture and post her finds today sometime. We dove the first time together the day before yesterday and absolutely enjoyed the time we had together underwater.

Some folks will be very happy to hear that this year has been my absolute worst in finding wild gold since around 2003. If I have counted right I have 7 rings and a bracelet.

However, it has been my very best year in the water finding things for folks. My summers are changing gears. I am sure they will continue but better. I am thinking that there will be no more scubadetector next summer. I really am hoping there is going to be a scubadetetector team. But no matter what happens I think my diving for folks is going to pick up big time.

Still making a Benjamin a dive? Or do you have reduced rates based on the item?

Skippy

Great play-by-play stories as usual Scuba !

With all your experience at this, you would get a laugh at a documentary I watched once: Some archaeologist dudes were studying the stuff at some ancient European lake. They had found old medieval swords under where piers on the lake, had been during medieval times.

And the archie is interviewed, giving his theory about how there must have been some religious ceremonial reason. Ie.: "The warriors offered up their swords to appease the gods, before going into battle". And then he showed the viewers how it probably was done, by mimicking a tossing one's sword over the side of the dock.

But as you well know, that's utter nonsense. People loose stuff over the sides of docks, all the time. With zero ceremonial or ritual significance.

HAHAH! Yeah. And THAT is the most likely scenario. I love how Archies some times invent back stories. They docked here, and Lars Jr. dropped Dad's sword. He was ticked, but Lars Jr. couldn't swim. That IS the most likely scenario. *laughs*

That being said, my son and I play that game, too when we find rings. His best to date was when I found a double gold set in the same hole. He said the kids were caught making out on the ball field and had to run away before they got captured, but because it was night time, they couldn't find them the next day. I just busted up... because... WHY NOT?! :)
:laughing:

Skippy

From your stories so far this year I'm sure you haven't had much time to wander away from your intended targets lately but do you ever find goodies other than what you were called to get when you go out on these calls?

Back
Top Bottom