Nox beach hunt after the firmware update.

I managed to get to a different beach at low tide. This has less black sand than the other. Both beach models seemed super quiet. I mainly used beach 2.
I did slow my swing down because it was daytime and didn't want to seem like a gold hound.
I noticed a dime rung up as iron. Not too deep. Only reason I dug was because it had a slight high tone and the number would jump positive. Clad didn't seem to hit hard for some reason.
I did like that aluminum target signals seem choppier.
I'm still on the fence with this update.
I did find this ring. Rang up solid 27.
Not marked, but has a slight tarnish like silver and melts ice quick.

Attachments

• IRS20180910_224527.jpg
    IRS20180910_224527.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 89
I managed to get to a different beach at low tide. This has less black sand than the other. Both beach models seemed super quiet. I mainly used beach 2.
I did slow my swing down because it was daytime and didn't want to seem like a gold hound.
I noticed a dime rung up as iron. Not too deep. Only reason I dug was because it had a slight high tone and the number would jump positive. Clad didn't seem to hit hard for some reason.
I did like that aluminum target signals seem choppier.
I'm still on the fence with this update.
I did find this ring. Rang up solid 27.
Not marked, but has a slight tarnish like silver and melts ice quick.

So far i am not seeing anything much earth shattering with the update. I do know i just dug a hole at the beach and was watching a zinc cent slide down in the hole at a slight angle and as i was still swinging the Nox didnt see the cent any longer. Does seem to pick up quarters a bit better. But appears the zincs are worse so far. One of my friends is thinking about going back to the original version. I am going to try it for a month and then ask ML if they can come up with a better update for Florida east coast:lol:

So far i am not seeing anything much earth shattering with the update.

Who claimed the update was earth shattering? It was primarily a fix for the LARGE SILVER ON EDGE issue, which is fixed. Depth readout is improved as well. What more are you expecting? What more was promised?

Who claimed the update was earth shattering? It was primarily a fix for the LARGE SILVER ON EDGE issue, which is fixed. Depth readout is improved as well. What more are you expecting? What more was promised?
Doesn't have appeared to have fixed the on edge issue, since it still doesn't hit quarters well. As far as the depth readout mine for sure shows zero improvement. I'm not talking about inland hunting here. The beach after the update and reboot it actually makes more noise on the side swing. And we don't even deal with black sand. So you have to turn the sens down lower than the old setting.

Doesn't have appeared to have fixed the on edge issue, since it still doesn't hit quarters well. As far as the depth readout mine for sure shows zero improvement. I'm not talking about inland hunting here. The beach after the update and reboot it actually makes more noise on the side swing. And we don't even deal with black sand. So you have to turn the sens down lower than the old setting.

Then I would say your results are 100% opposite of mine. The on-edge silver was fixed. I can hit a silver dollar edge-on which wasnt possible before. And mine is running smoother with a marked improvement in depth readout.

:?::?::?:

Then I would say your results are 100% opposite of mine. The on-edge silver was fixed. I can hit a silver dollar edge-on which wasnt possible before. And mine is running smoother with a marked improvement in depth readout.

:?::?::?:

I am hunting on a Florida salt beach. If i want depth i switch to the excal or CTX. I am not hunting alone. I have someone check to see if they hit targets i hit and i check to see if i can hit targets they can hear. You would be amazed what a Nox doesn't hit on on a salt beach here. You are lucky the update got you on the right track. We arent using the Nox because it is the greatest. We are using it to give our arms a break.

Back
Top Bottom