1845 Five Dollar Gold Coin

louie088

Elite Member
I’m running out of bucket listers!
I’ve had the most amazing past few weeks, Trime, Pistareen, and all I can contribute it to is really good luck! (You can find posts on form, for some reason those were not featured)

So yesterday put in about 6hours field detecting. Second place I went to was a site that in years past I’ve wanted to detect as I found lots of pottery there way in the back of the field when looking for arrowhead points.
So we checked it out and I had no luck way out in the field so I decided to detect right next to where we park out cars along the road. Mainly because the fields lack of signals and I just wanted to hear and dig something lol!
Man O maM am I glad I did.
Came in a solid 18 VDI on the Equinox 800.
Thank you all for looking
GL and HH
PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF

Attachments

• 22DFA1DC-0F4C-48D8-A3B2-5FFD8B892E16.jpg
    22DFA1DC-0F4C-48D8-A3B2-5FFD8B892E16.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,641
  • 8F121B61-7403-4982-A9D6-D1632B1ED49D.jpg
    8F121B61-7403-4982-A9D6-D1632B1ED49D.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 215952D7-459E-4966-B8F9-FF8CA5F992E3.jpg
    215952D7-459E-4966-B8F9-FF8CA5F992E3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,592
  • B02D30C5-5D55-433B-9806-3F1CA0350971.jpg
    B02D30C5-5D55-433B-9806-3F1CA0350971.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,576
Last edited:
That’s an incredible find. Thanks for sharing the ID #. Confirms that I’ve probably swung over several and didn’t bother to dig it, [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That is awsome
Thank you TNT!

Wow that's a huge bucket lister, congrats man!
Thank you cellrdwellr

Man that thing looks great framed by the pull tabs. That is an incredible find. Huge congratulations
Thanks Pilgrim! Those were the only targets around it....Edge of a farm field along the road you'll have this.

Incredible find! Congratulations!
Thank you Lee!

Amazing! Congrats.
Thank you RC

That’s an incredible find. Thanks for sharing the ID #. Confirms that I’ve probably swung over several and didn’t bother to dig it, [emoji23]
Thank you JWP..Hey if you passing on 18's then you passing on IHP's and other potential good items, do dont do that brother! I only will digg'em if the tones are solid though.

Wow!!! another one, between you and Tom not sure who I hate more. I got a clad quarter :laughing: Seriously huge congrats, just amazing.

Hearty congratulations!
I'm certain that I'm not the only Nox user who has swung over myriad 18's.
Now I'm thinking of the piles of Indians and gold passed up.
My heart is sad but my knees are happy.
I guess you really have to dig it all.
HH

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think that's it's worth it to dig 100,000 ring pulls just to get a gold piece like that, 18-signals all. Spectacular find :D

Congratz on the holy-grail hole-in-one of md'rs. Are you at liberty to at least say what state you found that in ?

Wow, beauty! Congrats!
Thank you Vermonster!

Congrats on finding the ultimate coinage find! That goldie is what we all dream about.
Thank you so much I appreciate the kind words.

Congratz on the holy-grail hole-in-one of md'rs. Are you at liberty to at least say what state you found that in ?
Thank you so much Tom...Im in Pennsylvania...East Coast Guy that grew up in HB California

I'm beginning to think that's it's worth it to dig 100,000 ring pulls just to get a gold piece like that, 18-signals all. Spectacular find :D
Yes and no. There would have to be some silvers in between the 100,000 to break up the monotony..
Lol Thank you!

Hearty congratulations!
I'm certain that I'm not the only Nox user who has swung over myriad 18's.
Now I'm thinking of the piles of Indians and gold passed up.
My heart is sad but my knees are happy.
I guess you really have to dig it all.
HH
Hear ya on the knees my friend. Going from the CTX to the NOX has been a love hate relationship but I just dig way more targets good and bad with the nox.
Thanks!

Wow!!! another one, between you and Tom not sure who I hate more. I got a clad quarter :laughing: Seriously huge congrats, just amazing.
I love you...Thank you

That’s a dream piece! I would come unglued! Well done.
I did a little bit....I always feel bad for whomever I am detecting with that day when I fond really awesome stuff and they don't...:(
Thank you

Thanks Rattlehead!

Back
Top Bottom