North East Snow

airhead

Well here we go, been a quite year as far as snow goes up here in Ct and surrounding areas.

But here we go, 3 to 5 in my area, and a lot more for Long Island Ny.:snowtruck:
However, in Ct, temps going up on Tuesday and may hit 50* plus on Wednesday and Thursday.:excited:

Did I tell you how much I hate the winter and snow :gaah:

I know the feeling we woke up this morning to 5" of the white stuff here in Virginia. Now the weather man saying 9' here tonight and in the teens tomorrow sucks! :mad:

What snow ? If you are getting snow, it's most likely warmer there, only 13 degrees here and no snow ......:jester:

Yeah. It's that time of the season when the machines aren't being used too much.

We're only expecting 2 to 4 inches. There is about 6 already around from last weeks storm.

To make the best of it, why not focus on doing research, working on new permissions, cleaning up your gear.........

We got a foot yesterday and about 10 inches so far today . Some nearby towns got hit with 2 foot yesterday so I'm not complaining . The snow now is light and fluffy so the snow blower eats it up , so much better than the slush we were getting and had to shouvel . Time to start thinking about a vacation!!!
HH

It sucks but thats our offseason. I plan on going out tonight like I did last night. Got two wheats and an injun. But the cold sets in fast 3 hours is enough for me in this weather. I skim my coil over the snow and even the slightest blip on the machine gets my attention. I then kick the snow and leaves away and rescan. I wear long Johns high socks and multiple layers. Good luck this season an happy hunting!

Well 12 hours later, the snow is over. Got a total of 4 maybe 5 inches.

To those in the north east that like and/or will hunt in the snow. If I can give a bit of advice on keeping your feet toasty and warm all day long to -20*.
Get a pair of army surplus "Mikey Boots" aka "Bunny Boots, they are made for troops "Sitting" in sub-zero temps, not for marching.

I have use mine, for last 4 years for hunting, and I got my son a pair for him to use during his side jobs as a police officer, where they just stand at a construction site directing traffic, he said they are so unbelievably toasty.
I have used mine during deer hunting, where I sit all day in temps 32* and below.
They are the boom, keep your feet so nice and toasty, it's unbelievable, well worth the $55 bucks I paid.

Trust me if you want warm feet, get a pair.

Oh buy one size bigger then you are, (10.5 get 11.5) and only wear a thin sock.:coolinoff:

Snow is fairly rare here, but here is a pic of part of our yard of how it looked after our snow this morning (no shovel needed), by Friday it should be close to 70 degrees !
snow_Jan_7_2017.jpg

We got two inches on Thursday and then another 7-8 inches on Saturday. This is a picture looking out my back door after the two inches......looks nice BUT......I'll be glad when spring arrives

Attachments

• DSCN1457.jpg
    DSCN1457.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 107
Almost a foot here in RI......hopefully it will melt this week!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Had a real blizzard in the Charleston area on Saturday. I saw at least 300 snowflakes. Had it been a week day we would have had to close the schools and send the children home. Been in the 20' the past two nights but It is supposed to be in the 70's starting Wednesday. Ok we have had winter its now time for spring.

Back
Top Bottom