Christmas came early…..

Doug

Elite Member
…… in the Turner mansion house………:D

Father Christmas brought me an early present last week, a Minelab Safari.

Thanks for looking……………Doug

IMGP8508_phixr-1.jpg

IMGP8507_phixr-1.jpg

DSC_0023_phixr.jpg

DSC_0017_phixr-4.jpg

Congrads

On your new machine, just looked on Kellyco to see what they run, looks like the Se pro they are running a special same price 999.00 as the Safari, looks like you have done well already Doug with your new machine, nice picks, happy hunting Earl

On your new machine, just looked on Kellyco to see what they run, looks like the Se pro they are running a special same price 999.00 as the Safari, looks like you have done well already Doug with your new machine, nice picks, happy hunting Earl

Thanks, I took the machine out on Friday to the beach for a couple of hours, did not find any coins just ring pulls and bits of silver paper.

This was on pre-set program 2, I was totally confused with all the different sounds/readouts!

Saturday I ran the machine in "All metal" mode and just dug the high tones.

But it is early days with the machines so I am back on a learning curve.

I use my safari on the beach 247.. all the small gold rings i have found so far rang in between 9-11 foil coin range..when i waved a fat wedding band under it it rang up as 16...
a 22k small 1/20th of an ounce gold coin in 14k bezel i have rang up as an 18...silver 38-39
idk if it helps any but those are my observations so far!

Goodluck killing those beaches ;) i hope you score some gold/ silver

HH JDI nb ma

Dag, I Love Santa when He brings us new toys....Good Luck with the New machine!

I use my safari on the beach 247.. all the small gold rings i have found so far rang in between 9-11 foil coin range..when i waved a fat wedding band under it it rang up as 16...
a 22k small 1/20th of an ounce gold coin in 14k bezel i have rang up as an 18...silver 38-39
idk if it helps any but those are my observations so far!

Goodluck killing those beaches ;) i hope you score some gold/ silver

HH JDI nb ma

Thanks, what I could not make sense of, early days yet of course, is I buried a 22 caret gold ring in the wet sand and it rang up at -1 but with a high tone?

(All metal mode.)

that's sweet Doug,,,,,good looking finds,,,,,kind of stalled around here this month,,,,,glad you picked up some goodies,,,very nice looking chain indeed friend,,,you need a Bday present before you come back and visit my land again,,,its called a water machine,,,,,:laughing:GL HH

Thanks, I took the machine out on Friday to the beach for a couple of hours, did not find any coins just ring pulls and bits of silver paper.

This was on pre-set program 2, I was totally confused with all the different sounds/readouts!

Saturday I ran the machine in "All metal" mode and just dug the high tones.

But it is early days with the machines so I am back on a learning curve.

Doug, I know you are a patient person and every good hunter knows that ANY new machine has a learning curve and I just bet you will learn it quickly,,,GL HH

Well Doug,
Not much coming off the beaches at the moment , I should be out again tomorrow all being well.
If the 22k is above 7 gram then the tone will be higher .
I found a 22k 9g ring for a person in the summer he had lost and it came in at 12 36 . That was in the dry but it should be similar in the wet too.
Another 22 k I found was 12 27 but 7.7 gram.

Gold is anywhere between 1 and 40 Conduct and depending on depth and ground conditions very low Ferrous to 17 .
Its why I have my screen the way it is and the settings but you have to know the machine.

Back
Top Bottom