Coin Spill With Silver

beephead

Elite Member
Nothing out of the ordinary happened today. I got a early start to take advantage of the cooler we're having. Halfway to the hunt site I realized that I forgot to take my sandwiches out the refrigerator and put them into my ice chest, so I swung by McDonald's to get some chicken and biscuits.

The three sites that I detected today were mid-fifties homes and two of them I've already detected before, so I wasn't expecting to find a lot of silver. I mainly wanted to go back over those sites with a different detector to see what I could find with it. I did manage to find 15 wheat pennies.

The first silver that I got my search coil over was a 1944 Mercury dime. It was located between in the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb. Other than that one silver coin, all I found at the new site were a few wheat pennies and clad coins, so I decide to leave for a site that I've detected before.

At the second site, I only found the one silver coin, a 1939 Mercury dime, located near a huge oak tree. It must have been on edge because I thought it was going to be another wheat penny from the ID that I was getting. That site nearly killed me digging in the hard clay dirt. I need to start cherry picking more and digging less since the hot summer weather is here.

The third site is one that I've detected several times before, I call it the no trespassing site. I headed straight to the backyard because it's totally shaded and has moist ground that makes for easy digging. I found a few clad coins that I was surprised that I had missed on early hunts.

I wasn't surprised that I didn't dig the next target on previous hunts, because it sounded and gave a ID like a plate size wheat penny. Today I decided to investigate. First out of the hole was a wheat penny, I scanned the hole again and find another wheat penny, so I scanned the hole again and popped out a 1941 Mercury dime. I scanned the hole two more times and pulled 2 more wheat pennies. It would have been nice if all of them had been silver coins.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_1880.jpg
    IMG_1880.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 397
Great day Beep, remember the other day when we were talking about all the damn mercs that seem to be around and very few Roseys? Lol

I'm tellin ya, yhis year it's coming..."The Legend of Beephead" the movie!:lol:
Nice finds dude, congrats as usual!

Congrats on usual silvers! Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding Finds! I'm dreading hot summer months when it feels like you're digging in concrete :crying: thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Our clay soil around here turns to concrete when it dries out! It cuts like butter when its damp.

Another great day, congrats on the silver.
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

Nice job beep congrats!
Thanks! I'm about to slow down for the Summer months.

Great day Beep, remember the other day when we were talking about all the damn mercs that seem to be around and very few Roseys? Lol
Thanks! Yeah, I remember, but these were found in private yards and not all that deep.

Somehow you are just attracted to silver, great finds beep!
Thanks! I just know were to look for it.

I'm tellin ya, yhis year it's coming..."The Legend of Beephead" the movie!:lol:
Nice finds dude, congrats as usual!
Thanks! That other dude, tabman, is running neck and neck with me on finds.

Congrats on usual silvers! Nice work
Thanks! I'm lucky to have some places to detect.

beephead

I see you are back at finding the silver again. It is fun when you get many beeps in the same hole.
Up here in Indiana, We have had a lot of rain. Many areas are flooded. I have this one tot lot I like to hunt. Now I need a bout. It is under 6 foot of water and more rain coming.
I might have to hunt in top of the trees. That is where they put deer stands to hunt deer. You never know what they might loose. :laughing:

Nice job Beep

KEN :D

Congrats on a great hunt! You got nice haul of clad too...love the pics, especially the junk shot. Nice to see the "other" stuff too:lol:

I love your posts. I really like how you post all of your finds, trash included, to let the newbs know what it takes to get those silvers.

BCD

attachment.php

Looks like a good day! Love that Germantown silver...miss living there.
Thanks! Germantown is a nice place to live, but I do most all of my detecting in Memphis.

I see you are back at finding the silver again. It is fun when you get many beeps in the same hole.
Up here in Indiana, We have had a lot of rain. Many areas are flooded. I have this one tot lot I like to hunt. Now I need a bout. It is under 6 foot of water and more rain coming.
I might have to hunt in top of the trees. That is where they put deer stands to hunt deer. You never know what they might loose. :laughing:

Nice job Beep

KEN :D
Thanks! We could use some that rain here. The ground is getting rock hard.

Great hunt beep, Congrats!
Thanks! Some days are better than others. It's a !!!! shoot.

Congrats on a great hunt! You got nice haul of clad too...love the pics, especially the junk shot. Nice to see the "other" stuff too:lol:
Thanks! My junk finds are getting less and less, so are my gold ring finds.

I love your posts. I really like how you post all of your finds, trash included, to let the newbs know what it takes to get those silvers.

BCD

attachment.php
Thanks! It's no picnic out there, you have do some digging to find the good stuff.

Nice finds! Funny enough, my second ever silver coin was a '41 Merc that I found in a hole with 2 wheaties. :grin:
Thanks! My first was a 1919 Merc.

:lol::yes: Man,thats the truth.
Thanks! Having good places to detect makes a big difference.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom