Roadside safety!!!!!

Dan B.

Elite Member
Recently our rule mail carrier was rear-ended while putting mail into a box at 60 miles an hour. Her vehicle is a total loss she is doing fine but unknown if she will be returning to work.

So I decided to show you all what I do for roadside safety. For the last couple years I have placed a orange construction flag on my bumper.In low light conditions I have reflector tape on magnets that can easily be placed and removed on my tailgate to make it more visible.
When not in use the magnets and the flag are kept behind my driver seat for easy access.

Like I said just thought I'd pass the safety tip on to you be careful out there guys and gals.HH &GL

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_145902.jpg
    IMG_20190622_145902.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 429
Having been a traffic control flagger , I used a traffic cone at the front and rear corners of my vehicle . 22 in high with 2 reflective stripes at the top. Good idea.

Having been a traffic control flagger , I used a traffic cone at the front and rear corners of my vehicle . 22 in high with 2 reflective stripes at the top. Good idea.

Great idea! Thanks for sharing that. With all the distracted drivers out there you can never be too cautious.

I think it would be a great idea for all the guys who hunt at night to coat themselves with this tape. Except for me of course. Then I could shine my light out on the beach and see where they are !

Being visible only helps with people who alert. I was rear ended by a young lady who was texting. She could see her phone but she could not see my Red Car. A gentleman I know and a friend of his were killed a bit over a week ago on the Interstate. He had a flat tire and a friend pulled in behind him with the flashers on. They both were well off the pavement in the emergency lane. Tire was changed and they were getting ready to leave when a DRUNK hit the rear vehicle crushing both of them between the vehicles. Two good men killed by some one who was not an alert drive.

Being visible only helps with people who alert. I was rear ended by a young lady who was texting. She could see her phone but she could not see my Red Car. A gentleman I know and a friend of his were killed a bit over a week ago on the Interstate. He had a flat tire and a friend pulled in behind him with the flashers on. They both were well off the pavement in the emergency lane. Tire was changed and they were getting ready to leave when a DRUNK hit the rear vehicle crushing both of them between the vehicles. Two good men killed by some one who was not an alert drive.

Sorry to hear about your friends. Just goes to to show that YOU can be the most visible but if others aren't paying attention or are impaired , it doesn't matter. Look at the police videos of them at a traffic stop , with lights flashing , and some fool takes them out.

Back
Top Bottom