Glad I checked the Coinstar reject tray AGAIN when leaving !

GKL

Forum Supporter
It's been a long time since I found anything in our local grocery store Coinstar and usually when I do it's a crusty Zincoln (or a few), but since I pass by the Coinstar on the way in and out of the store I keep looking anyhow :lol:

Today on the way in the store I found a dime !
Coinstar_20190619a.jpg

I almost wasn't going to bother checking it again on the way out of the store but I am glad I did, I think it is my biggest Coinstar haul ever ! $4.29 (add the dime from the way in for a total of $4.39 !) :shock:
Coinstar_20190619b.jpg

For those not yet familiar with Coinstar -

https://www.coinstar.com/

Coinstar has a new feature I just saw -

https://www.coinstar.com/amazoncash

Nice Rosie and clad haul. It's been some time since my Coinstar contained siler for me.

Coinstar jackpot

It's been a long time since I found anything in our local grocery store Coinstar and usually when I do it's a crusty Zincoln (or a few), but since I pass by the Coinstar on the way in and out of the store I keep looking anyhow :lol:

Today on the way in the store I found a dime !
View attachment 445060

I almost wasn't going to bother checking it again on the way out of the store but I am glad I did, I think it is my biggest Coinstar haul ever ! $4.29 (add the dime from the way in for a total of $4.39 !) :shock:
View attachment 445061

For those not yet familiar with Coinstar -

https://www.coinstar.com/

Coinstar has a new feature I just saw -

https://www.coinstar.com/amazoncash

Sure beats the 2 crusty pennies I got out of one today , haven't had much luck lately with coinstar and no silver yet.

Nice Rosie and clad haul. It's been some time since my Coinstar contained siler for me.

Thanks, it helps make up for all the times I found nothing or some crusty Zincolns :lol:

Sure beats the 2 crusty pennies I got out of one today , haven't had much luck lately with coinstar and no silver yet.

I figure since I have to walk close by it every time I go grocery shopping as it is right near the door I might as well check it even though usually I find nothing most of the time.

Makes you wonder why people leave so many coins behind. But I suppose we're glad they do :)

…...just like we're also glad they drop coins on the ground :lol:

(now I don't like that someone is losing out on some of their money, but once they are gone there is no way to tell who it belongs to just like coins we find that people drop on the ground) (and I have given money back to people that I knew was theirs like times when they unknowingly overpaid me on the last job I worked)

Some people might simply not be aware of the reject tray especially if they have not used a Coinstar much. I was very surprised to find anything on the way out as that meant someone must have used it and already left by the time I got done shopping, but I was shopping a good while though.

Nice silver Rosie and a really nice clad haul. Coinstars have been very good to me since I started checking them a few years ago. The last couple of months have been slow but so far I've got 10 silvers for the year from those machines. My biggest clad haul came from the supermarket down the street from where I live.....I don't remember the exact amount but it was more than $8.00. Keep checking them, they eventually pay off nicely.

I don’t think I’ve found silver in a coinstar all year! Last year did a lot better.

Nice haul!

I just cached in some of my clad at a Coinstar, did the amazon gift card thing, and bought some waterproof headphones for my Nox :cool:

Nice silver Rosie and a really nice clad haul. Coinstars have been very good to me since I started checking them a few years ago. The last couple of months have been slow but so far I've got 10 silvers for the year from those machines. My biggest clad haul came from the supermarket down the street from where I live.....I don't remember the exact amount but it was more than $8.00. Keep checking them, they eventually pay off nicely.

Thanks, usually 95% of the time I am limited to the one Coinstar in our local small town grocery store, but very occasionally we'll get to a distant Walmart and I try to remember to check the one there but don't remember finding anything at that one yet. (your haul over $8.00 must have had the reject tray filled up, you likely looked amazed :shock: :lol:)

I don’t think I’ve found silver in a coinstar all year! Last year did a lot better.

Nice haul!

I just cached in some of my clad at a Coinstar, did the amazon gift card thing, and bought some waterproof headphones for my Nox :cool:

Thanks, good idea getting the Amazon gift card option as there are no Coinstar fees for that ! :thumbsup:

Amazon card you say? Pretty cool! Congrats!

That would be my choice too, no Coinstar fees !

Why would it reject those coins other than the silver?

That is a good question, especially since the clad does not look worn down to effect the weight of the coins enough :?:

Congrats on the silver Rosie & clad haul! It has been about 8 months since I found my first (and last :lol:) CS silver. :(

Congrats on the silva and clad haul! That's one snooty Coinstar, even rejects clean clad!:cool3:

Clean clad is rejected a lot of times by Coinstar. My theory is that other coins temporarily jam the machine for a split second and the clad gets rejected. Of course that's just speculation on my part.

Thanks, usually 95% of the time I am limited to the one Coinstar in our local small town grocery store, but very occasionally we'll get to a distant Walmart and I try to remember to check the one there but don't remember finding anything at that one yet. (your haul over $8.00 must have had the reject tray filled up, you likely looked amazed :shock: :lol:)

Thanks, good idea getting the Amazon gift card option as there are no Coinstar fees for that ! :thumbsup:

That would be my choice too, no Coinstar fees !

That is a good question, especially since the clad does not look worn down to effect the weight of the coins enough :?:

When I got the $8+ from the Coinstar, the tray was full and there were a few coins spilled onto the floor. The one who left that load of coins for me must have been on drugs not to notice what was in the tray.:laughing:

Congrats on the silver Rosie & clad haul! It has been about 8 months since I found my first (and last :lol:) CS silver. :(

Thanks, keep checking, the one time you don't check might have a bonanza waiting ! :lol:

Congrats on the silva and clad haul! That's one snooty Coinstar, even rejects clean clad!:cool3:

Thanks, after some of the very gunky, crusty Zincolns I've gotten in the past it's nice to get some clean coins ! :lol:

Clean clad is rejected a lot of times by Coinstar. My theory is that other coins temporarily jam the machine for a split second and the clad gets rejected. Of course that's just speculation on my part.

Good possibility !

When I got the $8+ from the Coinstar, the tray was full and there were a few coins spilled onto the floor. The one who left that load of coins for me must have been on drugs not to notice what was in the tray.:laughing:

…..either that or in a really big hurry :lol:

My son and I always check the coin star in our stop and shop. we find a least 1 coin 75% of the time. 3 big hauls this year were 20, 24 and 40 coins. 40 coins was like $3.20.
Some nice coins from bulgaria and thailand, lots from canada.
NO Silver tho.

Same here found lots of crusty pennies , a number of foreign coins , and a number of those plastic play pennies some one must have thought had some value , also a number of paper clips and hair pins but no a single silver coin yet. Like playing the lottery you have to play to win.

My son and I always check the coin star in our stop and shop. we find a least 1 coin 75% of the time. 3 big hauls this year were 20, 24 and 40 coins. 40 coins was like $3.20.
Some nice coins from bulgaria and thailand, lots from canada.
NO Silver tho.

Wow, congrats on having a good location ! Our local Coinstar usually has nothing about 95% of the time and with very rare exception the rest of time maybe a crusty Zincoln, so you can imagine how surprised I was at this latest haul :shock: :laughing:

I've never found any silver in the tray. I did find a plastic penny once.

Hey, at least a plastic penny shouldn't get crusty :lol:

Same here found lots of crusty pennies , a number of foreign coins , and a number of those plastic play pennies some one must have thought had some value , also a number of paper clips and hair pins but no a single silver coin yet. Like playing the lottery you have to play to win.

Too bad none of those foreign coins were silver !

Congrats on that silver and all the clad!

Thanks, I wanted to encourage people to keep checking their local Coinstar even if it is like ours and usually has nothing as you never know when you might happen to check it at just the right time !

Back
Top Bottom