Acceptable Clad Morning

Dirty Nails

Elite Member
This morning I detected at two elementary school playgrounds. I'm a clad guy so I was pleased with the weather, being out in the field, and the result: $1.27 and nickel wedding band.

Attachments

• 20190615_174740.jpg
    20190615_174740.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 321
Glad you got something at those schools. I like digging clad but the schools around here haven't been producing much anymore. Kids don't have money in their pockets like they used to because lunches and snacks are being paid electronically now in most schools. I read an article that said 80% of schools no longer use cash transactions. Used to be that you could hunt one and get a good amount of coins and go back the following year and clean up once again.

Neat!! I love tot lots ..kids always got change in their pocket hanging on the monkey bars and falls out .We'll have to try school play yards next.

Great!

I got out briefly before the nonstop Midwest rains hit at 2 schools, snagged just over $3 in coins (1 was a presidential dollar) and a penny from Britain.

Around here, the schools supply of coins drops off to zero unless it's a neighborhood school surrounded by homes that kids use the playgrounds in summer. The bussed-in schools are DEAD in summer.

Glad you can still detect around schools. In South Carolina they have fenced the schools with locked gates. Some of them have Huge No Trespassing signs. I can not detect on property that my money helped to pay for.

Nice Hunt. I like to generally note my treasure to trash ratio. The amount of coins, 92.5 silver versus can slaw, cans, junk. I also like anything flat, round and metal. Those mean my machine is doing its job! Old flat bottle caps. Old flat washers. Anything flat and round. I also note what common numbers my VDI shows on common tabs for that location. I also like real old dirt vs packed yellow new construction dirt. And any very large old trees are great indicators. Old cut back bushes too. Location, Location, Location. HH

Glad you can still detect around schools. In South Carolina they have fenced the schools with locked gates. Some of them have Huge No Trespassing signs. I can not detect on property that my money helped to pay for.

Here too. I do find stuff in front of the schools but the playgrounds are locked up.

Congrats on the sweet clad hunt! That nickel wedding band is pretty neat, too. :waytogo:

I hope that you and your family are doing well and adjusting to the new chapter in your lives. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Back
Top Bottom