What's This tractor pulling?

mike_i

I hunted a local beach today for not much. I watched this guy pulling a thing back and forth on the beach. It wasn't picking up trash it looked like it only leveled the sand which was already level. Have any of you guys ever seen this before. I did hunt in it's path but didn't find anything and it wasn't turning up or digging into the sand.

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 339
It's a home made grader. We use them growing up for gravel driveways and grading fields a little. It's not meant to cut into the ground, unless you add a ton of weight to them, but it skips across the top knocking down little peaks and filling in some holes.

If you also notice Mike , they are also pulling back and removing the lifeguard towers.

Ok, I’ve officially been living in my little NW Ohio town too long...I read the thread title, and all I could think of was “Fuuuuuuullllll Puuuulllll!” I fully expected to open the thread and see a tractor pulling a sled down a muddy track.

Dan B. knows what I’m talking about 😄😄

Ok, I’m done hijacking the thread now....sorry! ;)

Attachments

• 6E9DC0EA-10B2-4250-914C-05C4A05A3127.jpg
    6E9DC0EA-10B2-4250-914C-05C4A05A3127.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 255
That is not a tractor, it is a pay-loader. The thing being pulled is not doing a good job of leveling, it is leaving the tire marks.

The thing did look very heavy but didn't do anything other than cover it's tracks. There was no reason to knock any peaks down the beach was flat and there were no holes to fill and even though it looked very heavy it was skipping on the surface.

It's a home made grader. We use them growing up for gravel driveways and grading fields a little. It's not meant to cut into the ground, unless you add a ton of weight to them, but it skips across the top knocking down little peaks and filling in some holes.

Here in Ohio they pull one with a Small rake on it around the The beach at Lake Erie.

Did you see if he jumped out and started detecting the area he just smoothed out? Maybe it makes it easier to grid?? :?::lol:

Ok, I’ve officially been living in my little NW Ohio town too long...I read the thread title, and all I could think of was “Fuuuuuuullllll Puuuulllll!” I fully expected to open the thread and see a tractor pulling a sled down a muddy track.

Dan B. knows what I’m talking about 😄😄

Ok, I’m done hijacking the thread now....sorry! ;)

Man I used to go to the tractor pull every year as a kid at the Gaffney Peach Festival!!! I used to be so excited I couldn't sleep the night before we would go.

The thing did look very heavy but didn't do anything other than cover it's tracks. There was no reason to knock any peaks down the beach was flat and there were no holes to fill and even though it looked very heavy it was skipping on the surface.

Looking at the photo, the light beam is doing what it should. There's a pile of dirt built up that will fall into dips. Comparing it's path to the surrounding, it's working right. Some places do it for a bit of erosion control and to make the beach look nice.

Back
Top Bottom