Garrett ProPointer problem

milco

Elite Member
Hi All, I know now how spoiled I am with my pro pointer! What a great piece of equipment. I purchased it in April and have really put it to good use this year. Well, it went on the blink last week and I sent it in to Garrett this week. They are replacing it with a new one. Easy to deal with, got through on the phone the first time and spoke to a nice gentlemen who said no problem, will exchange it. No questions asked. In todays world and all of the hassles its nice to see this kind of unexpected service!

Hi All, I know now how spoiled I am with my pro pointer! What a great piece of equipment. I purchased it in April and have really put it to good use this year. Well, it went on the blink last week and I sent it in to Garrett this week. They are replacing it with a new one. Easy to deal with, got through on the phone the first time and spoke to a nice gentlemen who said no problem, will exchange it. No questions asked. In todays world and all of the hassles its nice to see this kind of unexpected service!

That's Great that they replaced it for you. I bought mine sometime in May 09' and it gets a good work out. Last month I thought I was having trouble like others were talking about, the alarm went off but wouldn't stop so I turned it off and than back on, samething. Was concerned about getting it fixed so soon than found out that it was the battery, was getting ready to die. Not bad for heavy usage.
HH,
~Audiz~

Been out detecting a few times without the pro-prointer, hoping to get it back yet this week. Mine was not a battery issue, I have changed out the battery in the past, although one 9 volt does last a long time in that thing.

Received my Pro Pointer back today!

I got my pro pointer back today. Today is Oct 14th and I sent it to them on Oct 6th. Very nice turn around time if you ask me. They replaced it with a new one under warranty. I only sent in the pro-pointer and they return a new one in the box with belt clip and a battery. I am so glad to have this awesome device back, and I cannot say enough good things about my whole experience with Garrett's customer service and everything...thanks Garrett!

Thats good to know . Mine was acting funny too over the summer. Changing the battery didn't help. But now it only acts up every once in a while . I think when the ground freezes I'm sending mine in for repair/check-up. I hope my experience goes as well .

Back
Top Bottom