Old Coin Guy

Aberdumbie

Figured I might say hello. I been an avid coin collector for fifty years. Always wanted to do detecting but work and kids demanded my attention. Santa brought me a nice detector now that life is finally slowing a bit and I been getting to know it. Went on a large organized hunt the last three days and had a piece or two I wanted to ask about. That is once I sort out how to stick a photo onto a message. Anyway, hope to learn some here as I forge ahead with this new hobby.

Figured I might say hello. I been an avid coin collector for fifty years. Always wanted to do detecting but work and kids demanded my attention. Santa brought me a nice detector now that life is finally slowing a bit and I been getting to know it. Went on a large organized hunt the last three days and had a piece or two I wanted to ask about. That is once I sort out how to stick a photo onto a message. Anyway, hope to learn some here as I forge ahead with this new hobby.

Welcome to FMDF! Great folks here to help and answer any questions you may have. Cheers!

fmdfwelcome.gif
... from the cold and snowy state of Minnesota!
lotsasnow.gif
trucksnow.gif
We're glad that you have joined us.
yes.gif
Happy hunting!
mds.gif

Welcome aboard “old coin guy”! Some people refer to guys who hunt old coins as “old coin snobs”...cuz we just don’t like finding lunch money. Good luck in your new venture and good luck posting pics!

Figured I might say hello. I been an avid coin collector for fifty years. Always wanted to do detecting but work and kids demanded my attention. Santa brought me a nice detector now that life is finally slowing a bit and I been getting to know it. Went on a large organized hunt the last three days and had a piece or two I wanted to ask about.

That is once I sort out how to stick a photo onto a message.

Anyway, hope to learn some here as I forge ahead with this new hobby.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Here is a thread at the link below that should help -

Posting pictures help (with graphic examples)

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248949

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from Boston Aberdumbie ! Have fun, dig lots of silver and gold, cover your holes, and remember... if no pictures, it didn’t happen :cool3:

Santa Claus brought me a Garrett Ace 300 with a pinpointed and a Root Assassin spade along with various other sundry items.

Welcome aboard from San Mateo County , California . Santa treated you well , you must have been a good person all year ! Best of luck to you on your new metal detecting adventure . :detector:

Well we are neighbors. I am in Lexington!

Yep, howdy neighbor :tiphat: :lol: though we are roughly about 25-30 miles north of Columbia.

I'll be glad when the weather cooperates more, seems like when it's dry out it's also too cold, and when it warms up enough it comes with ground sogging rain :lol: when I was younger the cold didn't bother me as much, but now when it's too damp and chilly it's hard to enjoy being outside too long at one time.

Yep, howdy neighbor :tiphat: :lol: though we are roughly about 25-30 miles north of Columbia.

I'll be glad when the weather cooperates more, seems like when it's dry out it's also too cold, and when it warms up enough it comes with ground sogging rain :lol: when I was younger the cold didn't bother me as much, but now when it's too damp and chilly it's hard to enjoy being outside too long at one time.

No kidding. I was on a three day hunt last week. Rain, mud and more mud. I thought I was in the Army again.

Back
Top Bottom