Night hunting advice.

Me and another friend were taking a break from water hunting. Kapi was out deep, and a huge Hammerhead was behind her busting fish at the surface. We thought about hollering, but she would have never heard us anyway[emoji38] Oddly she is afraid of Alligators, but not Sharks:shock:
I had an older gentleman friend years ago that was the same way but with snakes. He would run from a garter snake but wading with sharks was a minor nuisance. I guess we all have our demons.

Cliff

Also need to be careful not to stumble in one of your own holes. Some spots the holes are still soft after a few days

Our holes out in the water can stay like this a month of more.. no wave action to speak of but try and fill the hold and its impossible... the mud and silt just oozes away... I can even see my foot prints a month later on certain beaches I hunt...

I remember one hunt I had just recovered a target and was talking with PI JOE and we saw our friend making it out to where we were hunting and the guy took a step right into my hole and did a swan dive into the cold december water... I couldn't stop laughing.. I laughed so hard I was tearing up... I wish I had that on tape... it was hilarious Joe was laughing as well and he was wearing his Go Pro but turned around it to see only Robert flopping around in the water... It was funny to watch it happen he threw his scoop and detector so he could try and keep his body out of the water... fail

Here holes fill very quick, but not a solid firm fill. It does take several months for them to become firm and they really never return to the same texture. Many times I will dig at a target only to find it's iron or to deep to be anything good. So I leave it, in time I may come across this target again, as soon as I start to dig with my scoop I can feel the difference in texture and resistance and know I left that target for a reason. I see that being very useful information over time, Using the excalibur first, then coming back thru with the "AQ"....

Water temps are now 38, I see a good op for a super lowtide I'll be out there earlier. Based on the one experience I had before. Not as bad as I had though.

Here holes fill very quick, but not a solid firm fill. It does take several months for them to become firm and they really never return to the same texture. Many times I will dig at a target only to find it's iron or to deep to be anything good. So I leave it, in time I may come across this target again, as soon as I start to dig with my scoop I can feel the difference in texture and resistance and know I left that target for a reason. I see that being very useful information over time, Using the excalibur first, then coming back thru with the "AQ"....

Water temps are now 38, I see a good op for a super lowtide I'll be out there earlier. Based on the one experience I had before. Not as bad as I had though.

Your water is colder than ours Joe.. we are still around 42 to 44 doesn't bother me at all if I get my hands wet... must be the shallow areas you hunt... I saw a moth the other day fluttering around outside... even they can handle our winter better than those FL hunters :laughing:

Wow, nice finds Joe....:yes: (Some years ago, I met up with fellow forum member Samclemmons in Myrtle beach. He took me out for a night hunt behind the huge hotel's along the shore. The large lights lit up the beach and water. He was chest deep and I was knee deep. All of a sudden there were many small sharks swimming around us. He said that because of the lights, the bait fish are all grouped up, thus bringing in the sharks. It was hard to concentrate with all the commotion. I only lasted about an hour. I believe they were sand sharks, but very unnerving.....)

Back
Top Bottom