Does Gold Tarnish - Brown - Black etc?

This is not correct information.:mad:

Most refining companies will take gold filled items and will pay you for the gold recovered. The browning on the edges can indeed be polished out but carefully as you dont want to use abrasive tools. Your item from weight and karat value is worth around 10$.

Please make sure you know what you are talking about before posting an answer to a questioning concerning value..:no:

How did you figure this value? 1/20th of 8 grams = .4 grams. .4 grams of pure gold right now is worth about $9.50, so half of that (12k) would be worth about $4.25.

From the Midwest website - Midwest Refineries does not accept gold-plated material or gold electronic scrap.

From Northern Refineries website- What materials are not accepted?
We cannot refine gold-plated material, gold electronic scrap, automotive catalytic converters, silver-plated material, clad silver coins (minted 1965 to present) and computer board parts.

How did you figure this value? 1/20th of 8 grams = .4 grams. .4 grams of pure gold right now is worth about $9.50, so half of that (12k) would be worth about $4.25.

From the Midwest website - Midwest Refineries does not accept gold-plated material or gold electronic scrap.

From Northern Refineries website- What materials are not accepted?
We cannot refine gold-plated material, gold electronic scrap, automotive catalytic converters, silver-plated material, clad silver coins (minted 1965 to present) and computer board parts.

Please sell me your pure gold for 23.75$ dollars a gram. I will buy it all day long.:lol:

That would put the price of gold at 736$ a troy ounce.:?:

I have been in this market for 10 years, which is not long, but long enough.

I have in the past melted all my heavily plated and gold filled items into a nugget of mixed metals. No problem to send in. I have also sent in gold filled watch cases.

I use Garfield refining to sell my gold and wait till I have around an ounce or so to send it in. This way you will get a higher payout price. They also will melt your scrap down and then ask if you would like their offer if you chose they will send it back to you instead of cash.

You can do a google search for selling gold filled items if you dont like the company mentioned. The local jewelers have been using them for years.

Please sell me your pure gold for 23.75$ dollars a gram. I will buy it all day long.:lol:

That would put the price of gold at 736$ a troy ounce.:?:

I have been in this market for 10 years, which is not long, but long enough.

I have in the past melted all my heavily plated and gold filled items into a nugget of mixed metals. No problem to send in. I have also sent in gold filled watch cases.

I use Garfield refining to sell my gold and wait till I have around an ounce or so to send it in. This way you will get a higher payout price. They also will melt your scrap down and then ask if you would like their offer if you chose they will send it back to you instead of cash.

You can do a google search for selling gold filled items if you dont like the company mentioned. The local jewelers have been using them for years.

Okay, let me try again. 1/20th of 8 grams = .4 grams. .4 grams of pure gold right now is worth about $14.89, so half of that (12k) would be worth about $7.45.

Are there refiners that let you send in plated items as is without having to melt them all into "a nugget of mixed metals" beforehand?

Okay, let me try again. 1/20th of 8 grams = .4 grams. .4 grams of pure gold right now is worth about $14.89, so half of that (12k) would be worth about $7.45.

Are there refiners that let you send in plated items as is without having to melt them all into "a nugget of mixed metals" beforehand?

Yes, Garfield refining.

But please lets not confuse plated with filled. Heavy antique plating however is accepted.

I buy all heavy plated or gold filled items I come across. People seem to think they have no value. I average paying less than a 100$ per ounce.

By the way I did the math in my head and rounded up:D

Back
Top Bottom