How often and how long do you hunt?

JimmyG1952

I have afternoons and weekends free but my body only allows 2x a week 3 hrs max. Maybe 3x
if I'm up to it.

I get out a couple times a week and I always bring my machine with me when I'm out of town for work. I would guess I hunt about 5-20hrs a week this week being the 20:D

Try to get out on the weekends. I usually run 3-4 hours per hunt.

Cooler weather coming so it may allow for some more time.

When I get to the beach I try and average 6 hrs per day.

Usually the weekends for as long as I can go till I can barely stagger back to the car which is 4-5 hrs a day. Sometimes make 2 hr hunts during the week if I can find a place not too crowded.

I sometimes have trouble getting up to go hunt, and staying hunting for very long. I wish there was a pill I could take that would let me hunt for hours like when I was younger. :whistle:

Well, I work a rotating shift , depends what shift I'm on. The last 7 days I was midnight shift and got every morning after work for 2-3 hrs, the weather was beautiful. Haven't had rain here since sept. 21 , so the soil is getting dry. I still found my first silver qtr. (1951) during that period. Scott

I hear ya... When I was younger and healthier I was working 6 days a week and didn't have any free time. Now that I'm semi retired my body is wore out.

I'm 3-5 days a week during Fall/Winter/Spring and then maybe 1 day a week during Summer due to work scheduling. During the 3-5 days a week, I may be able to get 1 hour, or 5 hours. It just depends on the day. On average, I'd say I'm about 10-15 hours a week.

I'm 73-1/2 with a 23 year-old graphite heart valve, usually feel really good, so can hunt 4-6 hours without much pain, lo! For some reason I don't require much water during the hunt, maybe a swig it two. Due to obligations, I don't get out near as much as I'd like. But, like Mr. Callihan once said. .."A man's gotta know his limitations".....sometimes I probably exceed mine, lo!

Lately it's only been about 3-4 hours a week, and just on saturday or sunday. Work, family and personal stuff has dropped it to this low sadly :(

Usually 2 or 3 days a week & 8-10 hours each hunt, I normally don't even stop for a break while hunting...:)

Back
Top Bottom