Military WINGS show and tell

Found these earlier this year. Relatively recent make since they were silver plated.

Attachments

• bomberwings.jpg
    bomberwings.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 288
Here’s mine...

Attachments

• 4A731A1F-CFA9-41DE-AA7E-F8B502E4FBCF.jpg
    4A731A1F-CFA9-41DE-AA7E-F8B502E4FBCF.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 151
These were found in Feb. 2019 Civilian instrucot wings 1930's-1040's

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 138
My fathers wings

I hope you don't mind me sharing because I didn't find them. They were my fathers wings. He served in WWII, Korea, and during Vietnam. He was a crew member in the B-17G's. Filling the position of flight engineer and top turret gunner. In Korea he was a crew member in the B-26's. I have had them put away for some time now. I guess I should find some silver polish.

Attachments

• Snooks wings back FB.jpg
    Snooks wings back FB.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Snooks silver wings front FB.jpg
    Snooks silver wings front FB.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 120
I hope you don't mind me sharing because I didn't find them. They were my fathers wings. He served in WWII, Korea, and during Vietnam. He was a crew member in the B-17G's. Filling the position of flight engineer and top turret gunner. In Korea he was a crew member in the B-26's. I have had them put away for some time now. I guess I should find some silver polish.

Very nice, you must be very proud of your dad'd service.

Bucket Lister for me!

Found these at an old golf course that has closed.'
With the help of some of the members they appear to be WW2.
Always wanted to fine some!
HH!

Attachments

• mding2019 011.jpg
    mding2019 011.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 75
  • mding2019 012.jpg
    mding2019 012.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 72
My apologies, as I know this is an older post, but I’m new here. :cool3:

That is a fantastic find, with a likely logical explanation of its whereabouts. It was not uncommon for the US ARVN Advisors to qualify for and wear Vietnamese devices. It is a practice we continue today, with select allied countries.

Here is a pretty prolific photo of ARVN Advisor SGT Ballard, wearing Vietnamese jump wings above his right pocket, and the Jump Status Indicator on his left pocket. The latter is the cloth version of what you found. Yours would have been worn on a dress uniform.

Congrats!

70BE6744-E53B-4C27-ABE0-B90E1F35D957.jpeg

Thanks crackerjack, you inspired me to dig a little deeper and I found out it's actually a Vietnam war era ARVN Airborne badge. Here's another example. Wonder how it ended up buried in a Washington state park.... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom