Foil + spit = clean silver

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I saw a link on here recently to youtube and if I can find it, I will link it here.
I have been cleaning coins ever since I started detecting about 7 years ago.
I NEVER would have believed this if I did not see it with my own eyes:shock:
I still don't know what it is, but if there were details, I would be able to see them.

Spit on your coin, put it into aluminum foil, rub gently, wipe clean.
Yes it heats up and crackles.
Yes it stinks like rotten eggs.
Yes it only takes about 10 minutes.
Yes it works.

Attachments

• 9-30-16 old silver.jpg
    9-30-16 old silver.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Old silver 3.jpg
    Old silver 3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,135
  • Old silver 4.jpg
    Old silver 4.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 913
I have an old wheetie that I need to try on right now.... Never cleaned any coins.... cause I hardly ever find anything old 2 wheeties in 5 years nothing older and no silver or gold!

Did you try this on copper? I was under the impression it only worked on silver, I'll be happy if it works on copper too!

You have to scrub with tinfoil or pulltab. It takes a while and is not the same reaction but it works. I'm able to see details on my wheaty that was heavily crusted. It will be a while before I can test again as I find wheeties on average 1 every 3.5 years.

Heres what it did to my dug roman coin... I don't have any before pics but its amazing... couldn't even see any details before The tinfoil does not scratch copper so one can scrub hard.

14963166_587091434824160_2025020713470928419_n.jpg

14956497_587091421490828_1516894074543290575_n.jpg

You have to scrub with tinfoil or pulltab. It takes a while and is not the same reaction but it works. I'm able to see details on my wheaty that was heavily crusted. It will be a while before I can test again as I find wheeties on average 1 every 3.5 years.

Let me send you some in the mail I find at least 4 - 5 every trip out.

Let me send you some in the mail I find at least 4 - 5 every trip out.

The testing shall commence. your quite lucky nd I can't imagine how much silver you mist find or older stuff. If I found an indian head cent i'd be tickled pink as they say :P

Throw me a pm when your ready, i'll make a whole thread for expermentation cleaning

Back
Top Bottom