Orlando, FL area anyone???

S

seth

Hello everyone and thank you for having me. I ordered a new Ace 250 with the Rhino (6x9" coil, i think this is the size). I have always wanted to do this and can't wait to start. Is there anyone here locally in the Apopka, FL area or anywhere in Central florida who I could join on a hunt? I don't need any help with the detector, just would be nice to go with someone else or a group. Also are there any books I can buy that will give me some ideas on places to hunt in my area? Thank you for helping the newbie :)

-Seth-

Seth, welcome to the forum. Winter Springs, Fl. just east of you is the home of the K-STORE. Your area should be a hotbed for MDers You might want to check around your area for a club. Join one and take it from there................Gil

Hi Seth, I'm new in the forum and sometimes i go to New Smyrna, Daytona or Ormond Beach for hunting in the dry/wet sand. You can use the ACE250 on dry sand. I use a Garrett Sea Hunter MarkII. I live in Deltona and always looking for hunting buddies...Ricardo

Seth,

I live in NW Orlando close to Apopka. If your still looking let me know and I will give you my cell number.

I am heading to the Arcadia area in a couple weeks and am looking for some info about Venice-Sarasota beaches area. Any of you FL folks know the rules-regulations?
I am planing on going to Caspersen Beach a couple times. 8)
Any info would be great!

Jeff

Seth
I'm not from Florida, but we vacation down there. I plan on bringing my metal detector with me the next time we head down there. We might have to meet up.

Good luck in your hunts

Here ya go Jeff....drive just a bit further south to Gaspirilla Island, named after a pirate. You might find some old spanish coin here, they say there is still buried treasure in this area of Floridas Gold Coast. Look it up! This island is the north side of boca grand pass. Also do some web searches on Port Charllote. Cayo Casta Park on the opposite side of the pass has miles of beach, but you need a boat to get there. It is legal to detect the state park beaches from the toe of the dune to the mean low tide mark.

Attachments

• Gaspirilla.JPG
    Gaspirilla.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 724
haines city 33844 just down I4 towards Lakeland......I4 and 27.........my email [email protected]

self employed so i just need a couple of hours notice...

we could meet up and go to east coast....i drive you pay gas....you drive i pay gas....

:D

Back
Top Bottom