out in the heat..updated

Ran said they would use rifle/pistol butts to flatten bullets into things when I showed him the whirligig below a while ago. So wondered if same applied. I will show it to him at some point and see what he thinks.

0EA9033B-4950-4243-99A9-8DCE490E635C_zpsdr7zrttr.jpg

Field made buttons.

Acey

Wow, thats hot and why i only go out after 12 to 2pm sometimes. What was that button it looks very similar to an old police uniform button they almost always look like that

Well, stuck at home for a week or two to deal with some things here.

Then I will get back out there with my new Sampson which should make digging a little easier than what I have been using.

By request of local relic shop owner a photo of the campaign token has been submitted to American Digger magazine and photo of the two buckles together submitted to North South Trader's Civil War magazine.

Maybe one or the other will get selected to appear in an issue.

Well maybe not the buckles it seems like they want a story about were it was found and that was TMI for me to provide :D

Well..managed to escape out to my spot for a little bit today finally.

Ground balanced and all my normal routine. Then within the first 3 minutes got a good yet fairly deep signal and dug the bugle mouth piece !

Then some trash and the iron thing looks like a key hole in it but who knows so I kept it and the little tip that seems to have some old wood still inside not sure exactly what it is maybe CW related sorta doubt it...maybe from a 1950's or so little flag? It's brass I believe :shrug: opinions are welcomed!

Then later the cuff button back with shank but the button face was nowhere to be found....I looked for a good while. Probably a rotted eagle cuff

7B156822-BA4D-47D9-B978-87E9D28076AE_zpslbvijlan.jpg

Has little "crimp dimples" and some spongy like wood remnants inside ..as always ideas are welcomed!

3A03D91E-9D32-4D2D-ABDF-828659857939_zps9hjatcep.jpg

I have found similar things as that, looks like the tip from a small flag, like the ones you poke into the area around headstones and such. Could also be a target arrow tip but those normally are threaded in my experience.

I have found similar things as that, looks like the tip from a small flag, like the ones you poke into the area around headstones and such. Could also be a target arrow tip but those normally are threaded in my experience.

I was thinking along the lines of a small flag like that also.

Thank you.

It's going to be a hot Summer, for sure! Already seeing those higher temp

Update: 6/10/14

The adventure continues....

81 degrees and gaining with 91% humidity mid morning as I ventured out to my spot.

Except for a few foil bits that fooled me and I didn't keep. Here are the rest of today's finds junk and all.

Can I now claim I found a gun ? :laughing:
I know it's a toy..

14A5CAEA-6D11-4EF2-A89D-6877296AB8E5_zpsaesapbsa.jpg

Update: 6/11/14

Back out today for a very short trip. It was just way to hot and humid.

Some trash which I put in the trash can..possibly a button back of some sort and once I hit the bullet I decided I was officially not skunked so I could leave. :grin:

Along with a some sort of part from something more
modern but couldn't figure out exactly what it was so I held onto it.

2D0DF2A3-C1F0-4329-A794-E2104D2059FB_zps1loova8e.jpg

Back out today for a very short trip. It was just way to hot and humid.

Some trash which I put in the trash can..possibly a button back of some sort and once I hit the bullet I decided I was officially not skunked so I could leave. :grin:

Along with a some sort of part from something more
modern but couldn't figure out exactly what it was so I held onto it.

2D0DF2A3-C1F0-4329-A794-E2104D2059FB_zps1loova8e.jpg

Looks like it is hinged...perhaps a part off a wood stove of some kind.

Went back out and spent a little time detecting.

Dug some trash, random whatnots and this snaffle bit that had a rottenish/fragile leather strap with it in the hole. No clue how old it is though.

D25C0B3A-B7BD-46FE-98F2-6036B22DEEFD_zpsgrrh7zev.jpg

Back
Top Bottom