1955d nickel
1958d nickel
1960d nickel
1961 nickel
2 1962 nickels
1962d nickel

i am hooked
cant wait to get $20in pennies and $20 in neckels tommorow

I love doing this! I like looking through nickles the best. You can find lots of old nickles easily. The first roll I ever opened was a nickle roll and it had a 1925 buffalo nickle and a 1902 "V" nickle in it! I was shocked!

I tried it, but didn't get anything good. I got $50 in quarters and $50 in dimes. Then again. I'll have to go w/ nickles and pennies nect time :roll:

Wow... I would say you cannot expect to do that well every time... I used to get rolls of halves.. and never, ever found anything. Lots of guys on the coin forum I frequent do what you did...I cannot recall any of them having that much success.... Good luck.. HH RickO

Man you guys must have good banks. I tried that a few times and I usally get all new stuff. My sis-in-law use to work at a bank and she would always see old silver dollars (morgans and peace) come thru and old currency too. She said most of it came from the McDonalds deposts..... pretty crazy. the coolest thing she brought home was a $50 and $20 confederate notes. lady brought them in and wanted to get money for them. She gave the lady face value for them.....

If I ever worked at a bank my paycheck would come home as coins:spin:

You should create a Social Group for Coin Roll Hunting. :yes:

In your UserCP click on Social Groups and scroll down to the bottom of the page and Create a New Group .

cool

Being an coin collector, I've done this plenty of times and most of the bank people know to pull any silver for themselves. Sounds cool that they don't have the dedication for the wheats too.

You should create a Social Group for Coin Roll Hunting. :yes:

In your UserCP click on Social Groups and scroll down to the bottom of the page and Create a New Group .

Thanks for the info Carol. I didn't know we had this feature.. I just created the group! :D

I had an acquaintance who would by the rolls of fiftycent pieces. I took some doing, but he got his bank to order the coins for him because they don't normally carry them. He would get a lot of silver, because most banks use machines to roll coins and they don't get sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom