Gold, Silvers 59-61, Token, and Navy Button

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Went knocking with Treasure Mountain Ed in the same small town as last week. Another good permission. Ed really worked for this one and it paid off for us AND the homeowner.

Lady first gave Ed a firm no, but he kept trying and she came around after checking Ed our online. She said she had lived there over 10 years and had turned down many detectorists. The deal was we could keep anything, but gold and silver jewelry. Of course we said no problem because who finds gold dirt digging, lol!

It was a 1906 huge home on corner lot. After a few minutes we could tell there was some old fill and had likely been hunted before. Beautiful place.

Not much at the main house, but I managed a Rosie and two wheat spill. She owned the next house over and we had permission there as well. I walked 5 feet and pulled a Rosie in my first plug. We thought oh yeah it’s on! Slowed way down and I was swinging near a bush near the entry sidewalk...got a signal between nickel and pulltabs on the Deus. I looked down and thought no way do I see a portion of a gold band sticking out of the ground in a little washout....yep! Honker 14k with ice. Deals a deal so we had the owner come out and I said I found something for ya. Dropped it in her hand and she was shocked. It was an anniversary gift her husband and she lost it 5 years ago. She was pretty happy and was shocked by our honesty. Ed videoed the return.

I got a 41 Merc a little later. Silver 61 FTY. Besides silver and gold I picked up 9 wheats including 1913D and two nice relics.

First was a 1939 Token for Monarch Ranges. The Choice of Good Cooks for Three Generations!

Next came a two piece Navy button with back mark The Art Metal Works Newark, NJ. Likely from 1897 to WWl period.

fe6178f604df7a32b0e58347d67d75b9.jpg

0e3a80d06683a9be20b17bb8ddf475df.jpg

2574eb0eb2e54984f9dcc7d1a1a5be69.jpg
f925cbf07fdd0d32d6b0bdd05bc5c258.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh by the way I’ve found a lot of gold dirt digging lol!!!!!!

Not everybody has a 200 year old girls school to ravage! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Some very fine hunting Jerry. I admire your honestly with the land owner and applaud it. Congrats on the 3 Silver's, all the Wheat's the Relics and the rescue and return of the hunker Gold Ring. What is Ed's video channel as I'd like to see the return. Trapper

Some very fine hunting Jerry. I admire your honestly with the land owner and applaud it. Congrats on the 3 Silver's, all the Wheat's the Relics and the rescue and return of the hunker Gold Ring. What is Ed's video channel as I'd like to see the return. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! His channel is EdHuffman. It'll probably take a few days to edit before he gets it out. Most recent he put up is our last hunt.

NICE ! You guys did well Jerry, congrats on the shiny and getting to # 61. You should hit 75 by the end of the year. Good on ya for the return, says a lot about you. Will check out the video. HH Mark

NICE ! You guys did well Jerry, congrats on the shiny and getting to # 61. You should hit 75 by the end of the year. Good on ya for the return, says a lot about you. Will check out the video. HH Mark

Thanks Mark. Its always easy to agree to give up the gold...never expecting to find any ...hahahahaha:laughing::laughing:

Ed Huffman posted the video of the hunt and return on YouTube today.

Back
Top Bottom