Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Member Contests > Ended Contests Archive

Old 09-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Supporter

Default I got Flair!

In anticipation and excitement about Chris' Contest, I went and ransacked a HS Stadium this morning..Keeping a lookout for something special that would catch the eye of the Judge! ...I got 35 empty cans at a dime per, 3.78 in clad, and this awesome piece of flair! Beat That!
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
In anticipation and excitement about Chris' Contest, I went and ransacked a HS Stadium this morning...I got 35 empty cans at a dime per, 3.78 in clad, and this awesome piece of flair! Beat That!

Awwwww man, that just might get it. What’s going to be funny is my daughter doesn’t know she is doing this yet. I’m gonna film her going over the pictures and picking something, and will upload it to my YouTube channel “Free State Metal Detecting”. The channel with no views, videos, or subscribers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-23-2018, 10:52 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
In anticipation and excitement about Chris' Contest, I went and ransacked a HS Stadium this morning..Keeping a lookout for something special that would catch the eye of the Judge! ...I got 35 empty cans at a dime per, 3.78 in clad, and this awesome piece of flair! Beat That!
Instant classic!
Old 09-23-2018, 11:51 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by georgeinsc View post
My ugly find for today. Toy cars and clad made up the rest of my finds.
George, that looks like a once-gorgeous bracelet that had the turquoise replaced with other stones, and then buried for a few decades. Nice find!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:08 AM
Supporter

OK, I didn't find any mind blowing cool stuff this weekend, so I'll go with an odd little bugger: A little six-shooter pistol charm. It was a toss-up between this or one of the pocket knives. I didn't want to argue with the one-eyed purple people eater.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2018, 09:21 AM
Elite Member

First I wish to say thank you Chris for the contest. The idea for the best finds I hope does take off. Just an neat idea and I hope if done is appreciated.

I have a couple entries for this weekends best finds For Saturday I'm putting a chunky Sterling Native American Ring found in a group hunt in the brew city.

For Sunday I was up visiting my son and his family and got to hunt a park that is about three blocks away. I dug this Sterling Religious Charm or Pendant. The Picture of Jesus is in a raised casing on the face of it. Again thank you for the opportunity. Trapper
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Foragist View post
George, that looks like a once-gorgeous bracelet that had the turquoise replaced with other stones, and then buried for a few decades. Nice find!
Unfortunately it does not pass any of the acid tests. What surprised me was that the acid for testing silver actually ate the scratch. It was a beach find in the surf and was fairly shallow so I suspect that it has not been lost for any length of time.

I did find one class ring in March that had been lost for two years. The young ladies dad did not know she had lost it. Neat thing is that he and I worked together for almost 14 years.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Supporter

I just woke my daughter up from her sneaky post-school should have been doing homework nap.

Once she wipes the fog out of her eyes we'll get this thing given away.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Supporter

Forager is the winner! Here is the video of my sleepy confused daughter picking:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FJPWjUcED4aAv7Kc8

Thanks to everyone for playing along, it was fun. PM me your address Forager, I'll get it out within a day or two at the latest. I was surprised you beat out Mud's poop pin.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Foragist View post
OK, I didn't find any mind blowing cool stuff this weekend, so I'll go with an odd little bugger: A little six-shooter pistol charm. It was a toss-up between this or one of the pocket knives. I didn't want to argue with the one-eyed purple people eater.
Congrats Forager !

that is a really cool charm !!

2018 Totals Gold (7), Silver Coins (17) Wheats (39) Rings (38)
2019 Totals Gold (0), Silver Coins (4) Wheats (15) Rings (7) Oldest Coin 1893 IHP

Old 09-24-2018, 10:48 PM
Supporter

Well WOOHOO! The rusty revolver gets 'em every time.
I don't think the poor girl had fully absorbed the concept yet. But if you asked a bunch of people what the "best find" was, you would've got a bunch of different answers anyway. My money was on Mud's "friendship" button too, but she scrolled right past it like it was an old joke that everybody is totally over now. Gotta keep up with the times Mud. That BFF thing was like five minutes ago. The kids are into packin' heat these days!

Thanks for the fun contest Chris! I'll send a PM
Old 09-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Supporter

Alright Foragist! Congratulations for stealing what I thought would be an easy victory! I underestimated her maturity level to my detriment!

Full disclosure: Had I won, I woulda popped it right up on the "For Sale" part of the Forum for $20...told the buyer to send ME the money, and instructed Chris to ship it straight to them!!

Also, Good on Chris for not only the contest, but for raising his Daughter right! Any girl that would chose a handgun over the fabulous jewelry submissions has our respect! Good Work everyone!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.