New to the hobby - just joined board today

ksdiver

I just joined this board today, but have been reading for a few weeks now.
Lots of great information on this site.

My first detector was a Garrett Ace 150, but I recently purchased a used Whites XLT Spectrum off Ebay - still getting used to it. Thanks in advance to any newbie questions I may have in the future.

KSdiver

:D

Hi, KsDiver.
You're gonna be happy with that XLT. I bought my first detector (since a cheap-o I had as a kid, but that one don't count) at a hock shop for around $100, and that machine (a White's SL) was very impressive for a first machine. I think you'll be suprised at what that XLT can do for you.
Good luck with it... an' welcome to the forums!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and well wishes.
I will be posting my finds when they occur.

Going out this weekend to give the XLT a true testing.

XLT is a nice ,easy detector to use ksdiver. I have found the standard Relic program to be the best out of the box and would recommend using that program as a base platform and learn what the detector is telling you by digging almost everything for a while till you recognize the basic targets. It's only when folks have no clue about the functions and attempt to change everything to pump it up then screw it up and say it's no good. Thats my recommendation for now and only my humble opinion.

Good luck with it . HH Bill

Welcome to the forum KSdiver. Hope you enjoy your stay here with us. I too want to see the finds you make with your new machine. Good luck, and HH

Back
Top Bottom