• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another HUGE gold specimen from the same mine

sandgroper

Elite Member
A week ago I posted about a 90kg+ gold specimen being found at a mine site 600km east from Perth. Well, this article came up in the news today. These guys found another 40kg+ gold nugget in the same mine :wow:. Those guys are probably rich by now. :lol: These finds motivates me to study geology next year, but finding one of those monster nuggets is another task and you'd have to be incredibly lucky.

https://thewest.com.au/business/min...beta-hunt-gold-haul-in-kambalda-ng-b88962431z

Attachments

• 1537138506557_G3N1R2MFK.3-2.jpg
    1537138506557_G3N1R2MFK.3-2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 280
Study and see if you can find where the gold vein extends to in order to see if it might extend to areas you can detect, if so, get an extra large finds pouch and hope :lol:

They're clearly raking in the cash at the moment. They must be following a vein as the previous article mentioned something like 500m underground. I wonder how much the original vein of gold was producing that lead them to these astonishing finds!

That’s amazing! It’s what’s undiscovered that makes you wonder :)

I like that this photo shows such a great specimen in the rugged hands of a genuine, hardcore working man; not a clean cut corporate mine owner that just flew in for a photo op.
Dang, that's a lot o' gold!

Is that nugget worth more as a interesting object than just melt value?

Yes definitely, in fact, probably worth tens of thousands of dollars more to the right buyer. From what I've heard, these guys are selling these gold chunks to the Perth mint. Some of the nuggets the mint buys get melted down into bars/bullion, others are incorporated into jewellery, some are sold as they are (so I would guess this one too), and others are put out on display for the public to view. But yes, it's worth a lot more than its melt value.

RNC Minerals has languished on the stock market as a penny stock for many years The stock price appears to be moving upwards with the finds.

If they did actually find it there, though I don't know why anyone would lie about that. Finding two hunks of gold that close together just seems odd :roll:, or dam lucky :wow:

In Kalgoorlie, about 600km east of Perth, there is the 'Golden Mile'. It was found back in the 1890's, and is a patch of ground measuring one square mile (1 mile x 1 mile). To date over 60 million ounces of gold has been found there, and they're still pulling stuff out of it.

So yeah, these guys who found those large nuggets are incredibly lucky, but these large deposits to occur. :)

Here's a Golden Mile news report: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...r-kalgoorlie-gold-rush-super-pit-125/10184396

Back
Top Bottom