Beach Hunting With Garrett GTI 1500 Question

Chuck1960

Hi all

I have a GTI 1500 with a 9.5" coil. I also have a 10X14 DD coil. I have only hunted on the beach once and uses the 9.5" coil. I got a lot of false signals with it . Would I do better using the DD coil with the salt elimination turned on. Or do I just need to use salt elimination with the 9.5" coil and adjust the sensativity setting down.

Thanks

Charles

A 2500 user to the rescue

Hi I see nobody has answered your post as yet until now.We will both try to figure this out for you.How long have you had yours? I got my GTI 2500 last month the 28th so I my self am trying to get use to what "Forest"(fancy names I place all my machines) is telling me.I was told to lower a notch or 2 the sensativity you can always put it back if you don't see results.Use the salt or beach program on, I on mine look for a constant sound to tell me go for it.If you pass the coil 5 times 5 times it bell tones you I do beleave the partial tones I get with Forest is trash elimination but I still am studying this area on mine.I want to be sure I ain't missing things but I get in the mayor occations of times only one beep then I get no more.I am using the factory imageing coil and the baby coil. I am getting use with the small one for land and both sizes combined for the beach.I fell in love with the circle on the grid but it is a shame I don't have a baby imaging coil made out for us.I wish mr. Garrett lauches it soon I don't want to be forced to use the normal imageing coil every time I want the grid to work,it frustrates me to know this.Well drop me a pm if you get lucky and post your results.Good luck partner and good hunting yours truely Ralph "Lizard-Prince";)

I'm not familar with the GTI 1500, but others will be along shortly. Are you hunting in the dry sand, wet sand, or water when you get the "false signals"?

Mineralized, wet sand in some regions of the country can create havoc with some detectors...my MXT is a good example. Turning down the gain helps me.

I doubt that a DD coil will make any difference.

Happy Hunting!!!!

Used my 2500 on a beach a few weeks ago. All was fine with the factory jewelry setting over dry sand. Over wet sand, after a few false signals I turned the sensitivity down by three units and it worked great.

Back
Top Bottom