CRH $1000 bag of quarters - I'll NEVER do THAT again....

351maverick

Elite Member
I was at one branch of my credit union asking about half dollars - they said they had $130 worth of halves in the coin counter, and a full bag ($1000) of quarters in there as well

I said I'll take it all

as for the quarters - I edge searched all 4000 and found....

....ONE silver, a 62 - I'll NEVER do that again!

I also found a 1960 Franc, I'm going to see what that is worth (probably nothing) right now....

I saw a bunch of 65s through the bag - got me excited, for no reason -

the halves netted me one walking liberty & two 40%ers so I'm happy there - along with 8 more Canadian $2 coins, so all is not lost on the day

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

q3.jpg

q4.jpg

Yeah that is a lot of hunting for that one quarter but ya got something! At least you can get stuff from your bank, mine won't let me order halves.....total BS.....anyways....good luck on your next CRH!

I did $420 in halves on Thursday....got skunked. Very monotonous after about roll #30...

Yeah I don't do Quarters very often either, and once I do them again I am usually reminded very quickly why I don't do them...:lol:

At least you got out with 1 silver quarter and a cool foreign coin.

I've been having pretty good luck with Dimes lately. Got 4 out of one box today.

I've only found 1 branch that will let me buy bags. Well occasionally they will. Depends on the teller as I don't have an account, but haven't had any luck there yet. Just got someone else's dumps in halves. Might try going back there and trying to buy the Dime or Nickel bags.

-Seawulff

ATB quarters?

A bit off the topic...but how many "America the Beautiful" Quarters did you find? My wife is collecting the set, we've had a difficult time locating them.

You should have put a set of the state quarters together and sold that! :lol: Thats a ton of coins to flip thru! do you wear gloves when you CRH? Only say that because the coins I have searched are normally filthy

You should have put a set of the state quarters together and sold that! :lol: Thats a ton of coins to flip thru! do you wear gloves when you CRH? Only say that because the coins I have searched are normally filthy

yeah they are dirty as hell, but I work in a shop all day so I'm perpetually greasy/dirty!

KT worked up one $500 box of quarters....got one proof and several of the ATB quarters that He did not have....but on silver got skunked so decided not to hunt them again until next year...Hunting halves and dimes seem better...and dont want to mess with nickels and pennies! :lol::lol:

You actually should be thrilled you found a silver quarter... You could easily search 10k in quarters and never find another one as they are much harder to come across than halves or dimes!!

Back
Top Bottom