Richmond Va

Darktower007

Forum Supporter
Anyone hunt there? I’ll be there all next week and was looking to coin shoot but haven’t looked up laws yet. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... local parks could be different - ...

And by "could be different", could mean: There might be no mention whatsoever of "metal detectors". Ie.: silent on the subject. And if so: Presto, not disallowed :cool:

Okay great news! At least one area is okay to hunt via permit.

Why wouldn't the others be ok ? You do not need "express allowances" to do this. Any-more-so than you need express allowances to fly frisbees. If it's silent on the subject (no prohibitions) and no mention of permits for it, then ..... presto, it's allowed. You are not going to see signs at the park or beach saying "md'ing allowed here".

Oh, but if you're REALLY REALLY uncomfortable going unless you see a rule, then ... ok then: Here's a rule you need to know: You must send me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal). Ok, now go find some good stuff :cool:

Why wouldn't the others be ok ? You do not need "express allowances" to do this. Any-more-so than you need express allowances to fly frisbees. If it's silent on the subject (no prohibitions) and no mention of permits for it, then ..... presto, it's allowed. You are not going to see signs at the park or beach saying "md'ing allowed here".

Oh, but if you're REALLY REALLY uncomfortable going unless you see a rule, then ... ok then: Here's a rule you need to know: You must send me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal). Ok, now go find some good stuff :cool:

Ha! Well I live in Chattanoogs TN.. they are cool about it. Clarksville TN? They will flip out posted everywhere prob even fine you. .

If it’s not posted I’m going! Thanks Tom in Ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....If it’s not posted I’m going! Thanks Tom in Ca ...

It's possible some city's parks *could* have a rule on the books, down at city hall, that's not on the wooden sign at the park entrance. If you're skittish, you can check the city-in-question's website. Invariably, in this digital age, all cities have their muni codes, laws, park rules, etc... listed somewhere . Or it will in binder form at city hall. I usually don't fret myself to this degree @ new cities I travel to. But ... just saying, you can.

And no, I do not construe catch-all language about "alter" "deface", "harvest" or "remove" to apply to us. If it doesn't say "no md'ing", then I'm in. Of course, if you're talking nicely manicured grass, then go at low traffic times so you don't attract busy-body gripers.

Back
Top Bottom