Garrett pro pointer

joetoilet

Has Garrett made the pro pointer better on the new units? Do you still have to send them in every so often? I'm fixing to send both of mine back again, falsing issue. I've tried the nickel trick, worked for a little while...I'm just wondering if they addressed the quality of the pointer? Thank you.

I don't think they have but there's a video floating around someone posted a new waterproof one. It would be nice I love mine even though it gets finicky.

Think the new model, is the closest we get to a 'fix'. Kind of wonder if the flaw, is a marketing gimmick. You get a very good experience with their customer service. Free shipping would be the only improvement, it's. Almost makes you want to break something, just to go through it again, and again... The get brand-loyal customers, and plenty of positive word-of-mouth advertising, which money can't buy, and more effective than anything else on the planet. They save money on quality control, since the customer love to do it for free, and the chance to get some very good customer service. Certainly, they aren't pleased with all the competition brands. Willing to bet, that new model will be at a lower price, than most, if not all similar products, just to keep their market share. Even if it doesn't work right, you will still like it better, knowing Garrett will take care of any issues.

I'm good with my Centech. If the offer a trade-in, trade-up, on the ProPointer, I'll dig out my falsing one, and do that. Otherwise, I'll wait a while, for all the new owner hype to run it's course, and see what issues come up.

the supposed new one looks just like the old one but orange and waterproof probably the same cheap wiring that shorts on the Motherboard

I've had several and had never had any problems with any of them. Some were a bit "touchy" though and some were a little stubborn on volume. Good luck if you get the new one...I'm sure gonna try it.

Charles

it seems strange how they all seem to mess up and start falsing after about the same amount of time.

Has Garrett made the pro pointer better on the new units? Do you still have to send them in every so often? I'm fixing to send both of mine back again, falsing issue. I've tried the nickel trick, worked for a little while...I'm just wondering if they addressed the quality of the pointer? Thank you.

If you mean the original propointer? No they haven't improved them.

Last edited:
from what iv seen of the other makes of propointer [on youtube vids] they all seem to have inferior user likeability compared to the original garrett .

What is the charge to send one back and have it fixed? mine has been acting up for awhile and it drives me nuts. Want to get back to where I enjoyed using the thing and couldnt live without it. turning it on/off 20 times to find a pull tab will drive one to drink.

Back
Top Bottom