Canadian miner goes detectorist!

wishbone

Hi everyone. Thanks for having me over! I have an open mind, and the enthusiasm of a 9 year old kid. So any feedback, is good feedback.
Last year my friends/partners and I bought or first placer gold claim. While my friends were busy starting the NEW gold rush, I was busy doing my homework. I found out that the really old, caved in cabin just up the road from our claim, was a trappers cabin. And then used as a miners cabin when the trap lines dried up and the trappers moved North.
I had to get a metal detector!
Can you imagine the really cool stuff that the trappers and miners lost, or left behind! And get this. A fellow miner told me that there was a really old small mining community (about 15 to 20 people) only about 10 km's from the claim.
Sure enough, on Google earth, there's a big bald/clear spot right there.
Now does that scream metal detector or what?
Yesterday we bought our very first MD. It's a used Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100. I know it's only a beginners, kid's type model, but it is perfect for me, because I'm a beginner, and I feel like a kid...lol. And keep in mind, I am actually looking for iron and other metals. Old cookware, pocket watch, jewellery, or even cooler, an old pistol!
But anyways, that's my plan. Become a relic hunter, and if some gold should jump into my scoop, then that's just a bonus.

Some forum members here have found a gold coin near mining/ghost towns!Good luck to you and happy hunting!
Sounds like you have a great place to md!

Back
Top Bottom