Received my Garrett 2500

Plowhead

thursday and already love it. Tony in CT did a great service and included and what I bought was:
Garrett 2500
DD Proformance 10x14 coil
Standard coil that comes with it of course
12.5 Imaging coil
Lesche
Thrown in:
2 console covers
Sabretooth Trowel
and wearing my very trendy
TC Apron all logo'd out with
his companies name on it.

Now if it will only quit raining here in Florida but what little md'ing done in backyard got 2 very promising detecting pings if thats what you could call it. Hoping for a good park session this coming week though.

Plow

I just got a GTI 2500 also. I got it last month, but got a bad one from the dealer and it died on me the second trip out. I got it back from repair on Thursday and took it out for a quick hunt Thursday night. Picked up 13 clad coins in a quick one hour hunt. Wasn't expecting much, just popped over to my son's school playground, and wanted to learn the machine. The imaging works great, when it said it was Size B it was always a coin. The pinpointing is spot on also. I think I'm going to enjoy using this detector, if I can get used to hefting it around. :-) Hoping to get out tomorrow or Tuesday night for a better hunt. Good luck with yours. My new Garrett ProPointer comes in the mail tomorrow..woohoo!

Your gonna love that Propointer. Being close to Garrett I got mine the day they released them. I think its a great PP. I almost went another brand but Im glad I didnt. This may well be the best thing Ive used from Garrett

2500 me to.

I am next guys plowhead thanks for bringing the subject up.I got mine the 28th last month as well,the initial 2 or 3 days was a slow starter for me but just in the past few days of this month I got the best memorial penny invasion from a few spots I have the huntch it was hideing something from me.The most promesing of these was a spot that on my ride in the AMA publick bus towards the beach.I just past by the area but since now the governor has issued free bus transportation to the publick until Dicember,as a tactic to win the elections again.I said why not I got off and hunted for not more than half an hour and got 150 penneys and 2 dimes just around the bus stop and the surrounding area.Man that was a hell of an exercise for me,Now with the free bus service I plan on making many stops to promesing stops that I couldn't do for the bus expence that was imposibilitating me to do this.Now the beaches will get all my attention as well and all this only with the baby coil.My first Jefferson nickel I pulled out with this unit came not only with dirt on top a baby earth worm on top and the first thing I said to the curious person watching me was... OH my God! I just have recovered a discomposed rotton president body. YUCK! I better be carefull the next one might be a skelleton on the coin.:lol: Good luck people with your Garretts. A run down of my findings up to now.... Pennys= $3.11, Nickels= $1.35, Dimes= $3.40, Quarters= $5.00 Ralph

Target sizing has done well when Ive used it but Im still learning the machine but Im hopeful those little coo's arnt just on pennies in my backyard. The 2500 is so full featured its easily going to take 3 months to learn all the settings and then using all the different coils Ive got also. I have got a few false positives so I hope the DD pro coil will help with the mineralazation here since the groundwater is so full of copper in Florida.

On my new GTI 2500 I'm having a hard time figuring out the signals that read down on the nickel scale. They don't pinpoint like the pennies, dimes and quarters. I get a tone up on that upper range and pinpoint works like a charm. But if it is a nickel range item when I pinpoint either the signal disappears, or it shows up on the scale with no audio or it shows up as a can size at 8 inches or something like that. I've been hunting at a school and haven't wanted to dig a 8 inch can size hole in their grass so I have been skipping those. Went out last night and hit 4 quarters in a row within 2 minutes, made me happy.

I bought my GTI a few months ago and love it. Third trip out I picked up and 1896 Barber Dime.
One tip. I took my batteries out and when I put them back in the detector went to all metal mode when I turned it on. When I switched it to coins it kept beeping and yelling out target numbers...I thought "what.... a problem already". Easyfix...this thing is like a computer... any problems...hold down the power button for 10 seconds and it reboots and resets factory settings.

Back
Top Bottom