Minelab xterra 30 vs. Titan 3000 pros/cons

machine72

:DSo those of you shopping for a metal detector in the range of $400..here is some vs material...I am new to metal detecting first off. So I by no means am a pro at whats the best for $400 but I do have some insight..I had a toss up in mind about what to get the Titan or the Minelab..When I called the company, I took the saleswomens advice on what should I get. She suggested the Titan and I bit..Then I found this forum and joined. I then made a thread on if I made the right decision..Well I did not..So now it comes to the Pros of the Titan.. Manuel ground balance that is it..The cons..No strap for your arm,Clumsy,Bad pinpointing,False signals (even with ground balancing) cheap coil..and ugly looking..I used it for like a week..Pros about the ML 30 opposite of everything mentioned above..Its lighter, sleek looking,the coil looks alot more heavy duty, the targeting/discrimination feature is top notch, arm strap, and the Pinpointing is soooo much better the graphic helps alot for the pinpointing and less digging if it was 3 inches down it was 3 inches down..So I will give props to the People at Kellyco they let me return it with no restocking fee at all they just wanted me to be satisfied and I am:D...Machine

Hello.

The problem is, according to what i've learnt and read, the 30 is not really a good detector.

None ox the X-Terras, to be earnest. I'm a Minelab user and fan, but those terras do suffer from a cruel lack of power. They are very few amongst european detectorists.

I think you'd be much better with a White's. A prizm for instance.

My two eurocents.

Nick

Hello.

The problem is, according to what i've learnt and read, the 30 is not really a good detector.

None ox the X-Terras, to be earnest. I'm a Minelab user and fan, but those terras do suffer from a cruel lack of power. They are very few amongst european detectorists.

My two eurocents.

Nick
You said - the 30 is not really a good detector. I do agree with that, I had one & didn't like it but in the Xterra's defense I hear that the Xterra-70 is a really good machine. Steve.

Hello.

My two eurocents.

Nick

Maybe I should have mentioned this before I have used a whites prizm IV.(I used my stepfather's before I bought my own detector) and I was not impressed with it don't get me wrong out of the 3 that I used it came in second place..But hands down so far mind you I like the Minelab the best..Every body has a opinion and I respect that but not all can spend more than 400 dollars on a detector..So I gave a opinionated review some people may agree or disagree..But not all beginners have had the option to use those 3 different detectors..Where I live there is not one detector store within miles so I just have this forum and the stores online to go by.Thanks for your post..john

People have very strong opinions about detectors, kinda like the Chevy, Ford, Dodge thing--need I say more?;) I started off with a Bounty Hunter Land Star, which I bought before knowing anything about detecting, but soon learned from various forums that Bounty Hunters are junk. I had used mine one time, and after hearing all the bad press about them, took it outside for a test, and was completely dissatisfied, because it wouldn't find the coins I had just planted if they were deeper than five inches. Turns out depth is really its only disadvantage, other than that, it's not a bad detector, and if I was going to stick with tot lots, or hunting for clad, it would work just fine. My point--take every detectorist's opinion with a grian of salt.

BIG SNIP
Where I live there is not one detector store within miles so I just have this forum and the stores online to go by.Thanks for your post..john

The line above is sooo crucial for many beginners

Enjoy your X-Terra, now if you could come upon a Fisher F2 or F4 to compare:p

HH

Back
Top Bottom