Skunks

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
Do male and female skunks always have white stripes? I disturbed a nesting animal out in an outbuilding and it was all black, no stripe.

Do male and female skunks always have white stripes? I disturbed a nesting animal out in an outbuilding and it was all black, no stripe.

I'm not going to say impossible, but the chance of an all black skunk is pretty unheard of..

Maybe a cat?

<°)))>{

I walked outside this morning around 4:00 am and about 30 feet from me I saw some glowing eyes. next thing I know this lil fox started barking and growling at me. I threw a handful of rocks at him and he took off in the dark but kept stopping turning around and barking at me.. really high pitched.. was kind of weird so I started thinking rabies or something.. who knows.

but for the OP.. yep there are all black skunks

I live out in the country and a few years back we had one that hung around here that was almost totally white. He was fairly calm and I would talk to him when I seen him like a pet. Sadly he ventured out onto the blacktop and got hit. Never seen one as pretty since.

Swinging at a local school I ran across a mother and 5 or 6 young that were very close to all white. Some of the small ones looked like they might have been but at that size it's hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom