Nox 800 Black Screen Of Death UP DATE.............

Lets hope for Minelabs sake it was a one-off or this could get VERY expensive for them. My bet is someone is reviewing their warranty policy;)

A little early to panic. My screen went black the other day. I thought it was me at first,but came to realize that hunting when its over 110 degrees might not have been such a good idea. When we both cooled off everything went back to normal has been ever since, though this all could be delirium and I am still in the desert. Well, no, I could not be posting then or could I???

A little early to panic. My screen went black the other day. I thought it was me at first,but came to realize that hunting when its over 110 degrees might not have been such a good idea. When we both cooled off everything went back to normal has been ever since, though this all could be delirium and I am still in the desert. Well, no, I could not be posting then or could I???

There have been a few other reports of "black screens" but in every case it been from hunting in very hot weather, or using a control head cover in heat / full sun.

Hopefully ML with source a better LCD screen, my E-Trac and CTX never had a problem in the heat. So far I have been using my EQX in the water on hot days. Never been above 100 during use

It was fine at 106, but 111 did it dark. Considering the level of component pricing I don't know why we are not getting highest quality screens etc. Well, I guess I do know...
Thanks for the not Jason!
Tom

Back
Top Bottom