Archiving sold classifieds

screwynewy

Elite Member
I have noticed that there are a lot of SOLD classifieds still in the active classifieds forums. Are these not being moved over to Archived Classifieds anymore. Maybe housekeeping is just running behind?

I have noticed that there are a lot of SOLD classifieds still in the active classifieds forums. Are these not being moved over to Archived Classifieds anymore. Maybe housekeeping is just running behind?

We have a mechanism where the OP can add SOLD to the thread's title. Some don't. Sometimes the OP adds a new post to the thread saying it is SOLD or no longer available. These make it easier for us to spot and move to the archive. The rest get found as time permits.

Is there a TTL (Time to live) for posts, where FS Posts are archived or questioned after a pre determined period of time, unless renewed.
Some FS Sites have this feature, which could make manual maintenance easier for the Mods.

It's a tough (sometimes) unrewarding task. Thanks you all for your efforts, it does show that you care.

Just looking foe ways to ease your burden.

Swabbing the classifieds

I hit it a couple times a week. Anything that says pending stays for a while. Items posted sold that day I let linger for another day. If a seller or buyer wants to look at it again they can. We had a couple complaints previous where the Buyer/Seller didn't know to look in the archive.

Back
Top Bottom