Hey from Louisiana

landreez

Im brand spanking new to metal detecting and no i do not have a fancy expensive metal detector..however im looking into it now. I have been doing this for one whole week lol and me and my daughter are loving it. I live near a civil war battle field and well no luck on anything yet...i trying to do research on where the campsites might have been but i dont really know where to start other than they had to be by water. Anyways glad to be here and hopefully i will find something cool soon.

Welcome from NE Texas ... I hope you find that camp !! Expensive, fancy detectors are nice but you can do very well with an inexpensive basic detector. Some time simpler is better and a lot easier to figure out.

Welcome from Kansas. The Sunflower State
You might check creek and river banks for old bottles. That might lead you to an old camp site.

Greetings from North Louisiana. I am new to MDing, too. I picked my Garrett Treasure Ace 300 up for $25.00 at a flea market, and am now saving up for a pinpointer . I am learning to use my detector near swimming pools, sports fields, and at tot lots. This summer I hope to visit some dirt that is currently underneath some downtown sidewalks.

thanks

thanks for all the warm welcomes...i guess this is the friendliest :) Im still working on getting permission on the woods in my back yard which i have no idea who it belongs to. A neighbor of mine found a cannon ball there but im not sure he got permission to go..he just didnt get caught. We will see how it goes!

Welcome.... What part of LA. you from? I'm from the Northeast Corner of the state. Good Luck and happy hunting..

Hello from the Jersey Coast and welcome. Im a newbie also and have learned a great deal in just one month. This forum is great.

Now, be very careful.....you could get hooked;)

Jeff

think its too late...however i keep getting turned down:( i starting to think askiing forgiveness is better than permission lol JOKING!

Back
Top Bottom