Montana ?

Hey Dusty, I saw the Montana post and thought it was a shame that it was empty. I just found this website and ordered myself a Fisher F2 as it seems like a good starter rig for a poor engineering student. Can't wait to get out and see what's hidden under the ground here in Butte MT! That is, if the snow ever decides to melt :(

Nice to meet you and good to know that there are others from Montana around!

Hey Dusty, I saw the Montana post and thought it was a shame that it was empty. I just found this website and ordered myself a Fisher F2 as it seems like a good starter rig for a poor engineering student. Can't wait to get out and see what's hidden under the ground here in Butte MT! That is, if the snow ever decides to melt :(

Nice to meet you and good to know that there are others from Montana around!

It's a great place to live, but the summer is darn short. We had a blizzard on Memorial Day!!! The coldest it got while I was there was 47 degrees below zero.......don't even wanna talk about the wind chill factor!!!! My daughter was born there though, and she's a super lady!!!

Dusty

Howdy

Howdy Guys,
Wow, Mtdigger, You are close.
Hey , what type of hunting are you planning on doin?
Coin/ Relic/ Gold.?
Keep in touch, maybe we can hook up and do some detecting.
I was just in Butte yesterday, gettin feed.

Dusty

I'll be looking to do a little hunting in the ghost towns outside of Dillon when spring arrives.
And a bit of placer mining in the Libby area spring thru fall...

Howdy

Hey Monty,
Give a holler when your headin down this way(Butte /Dillon)
I have permission on some old stuff out in the Big Hole area.

Libby? I shod horses up there for 6 years, and fished ,and picked Huckleberries up high on Libby Creek, but never even panned, and didnt have a detector.
Now I see that its a pretty known spot?
Go figure!

LOL
Happy Hunting
Dusty

Not from Montana, but I had my first trip out there in Sept. I was in Bozeman. Went camping, flyfishing, hiking, alittle rafting... ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I cannot wait to take another trip out there. Makes the mountains in Georgia look like ant hills! Just wanted to say I Love Montana!!!!

there are a few montana hunters on treasurenet.

Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out.:thankyou:

Not from Montana, but I had my first trip out there in Sept. I was in Bozeman. Went camping, flyfishing, hiking, alittle rafting... ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I cannot wait to take another trip out there. Makes the mountains in Georgia look like ant hills! Just wanted to say I Love Montana!!!!

:agree:You'll get no argument from me on those comments. Let us know next time you're headed this way.

:D
mg

RelicHunter

Howdy RelicHunter,

Yeah, Bozeman is about an hour and a half away from me.
If ya like fishin, did you happen to try the Beaverhead?

Next time your up, I can point you to some Browns as long as your arm, and some of the biggest brookies ive ever caught.
That would be closer to Dillon though.

Oh and if you like treasures, you definitely need to make plans to go to "Ruby Reservoir" . You can sit on the beach ,and fish, and pick some really nice Garnets out of the sand. The sand is almost red ,from all the fine garnets. But theres some nice Big Garnets .
I Guarantee, you'll find some nice ones.

Holler when your headed this way.

Dusty

I will definitely do that... I cant remember the name but where we were fishing was more of a creek. I caught some real nice cutthroat and brown trout. We took a rafting ride down the yellowstone river and stopped off in areas and picked up some aggates and petrified wood. It was an awesome place. Ive even thought about saving up some money and buying some land out there one day. Im a hunter along with detecting and the wildlife is amazing!

Hey there - just started

Hey Dusty,

I am here in Great Falls and just started up here. I am getting my MD permit for the city parks next week. Hope you get this late reply. Us Montanans need to keep in contact.

I'm from California but I travel to Montana once a summer to go fishing..Now that I have my MineLab I plan to do a lot of detecting while I'm in the Big Sky

Finally I find people from Montana

Hey guys, I'm from the great falls area. Just to let you know I'm a beginner adn I went out for the first time with the Fisher F2. I must admit I had a pretty difficult time, but I know I will get better with more practice. Anyways I'm looking for someone that loves to metal detect in the Great Falls area. If you are interested hit me up.

Back
Top Bottom