Keeping a diary

Cupajo

Elite Member
The first thing I do when I get in from a hunt is to place the date, location of the hunt, hours hunted and number of targets recovered in my hunt diary.

In 2016 I water hunted 24 times for a total of 51.0 hours and recovered 1,410 targets (all dug by Diablo and this old hunter). 9/10s of the targets are junk metal which Mr. Dual Field locates along with whatever "good stuff" might be in range. :roll:

Today, on my first hunt of the year, I spent 2.5 hours at low tide in 7Mil waders and thermals in 38F water and 42F air temps scouting for any place where sand may have thinned out a bit and recovered 50 targets. Keepers included 8 coins (1-silver quarter circa '50s), 1-lead bullet, 2-small sinkers, 1-broken lure, a pair of scrap sunglasses, and a few bits of brass.

Just letting you folks know I'm still around, :D

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

I believe you've been around long enough to "post a picture or it didn't happen". :lol: Good to see you Northern guys getting out!

Sure glad to see you're doing what you love to do CJ. When conditions improve I'm certain you'll be posting the gold that finds its way into your scoop. "Good Luck".

So I am not the only anal-retentive hunter!

I also d/l all my CTX data with map and label each find by hunt #. Then I put the data into an Excel spreadsheet. And of course, lay out the finds and take a photo of them. Gotta have something to do after the hunting is done for the day.

Nice hunt, but I'm not sure I would call a broken fishing lure and scrap sunglasses "keepers". :D

I input my finds in a spreadsheet with the date, location, machine used, description of finds, and I also track my expenses (gas not included). Keeps things interesting.

I input my finds in a spreadsheet with the date, location, machine used, description of finds, and I also track my expenses (gas not included). Keeps things interesting.

Very similar for me. I also keep track of hours. Don't keep track of expenses as to me detecting is my "gym membership".

I am just too lazy I guess,,,,,,I do keep a list of every gold I find by what it was, date, and location,,,,,,has proven to be like fishing, where they were biting in the past, they bite again many times,,,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom