South Bay Report 2-20-2017

Pyriteboy

I went north once again to have a full go at the cut. The locals told me that yesterday was the best day of the 3 day weekend. What you can't see in the trash photo are all the little pieces of metal that sounded reasonable to the Aquasearch. I had streaks of 20-30 trash targets in a row before a coin would pop up; never was in the pocket today........the ring is junk but I am happy with 14 silver coins. In a few days we should see decent swells again and some wind from the north, so maybe some action close to home. Good luck to you all...

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN6346.jpg
    DSCN6346.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN6347.jpg
    DSCN6347.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 238
14 silver coins? Wow! I'm not sure that I have even found more than 6 silver coins in a single hunt over the last 5 years. Very impressive Jerry. With all that lead and silver you had to be close to gold. Congrats and good luck this week! :yes:

14 silver coins? Wow! I'm not sure that I have even found more than 6 silver coins in a single hunt over the last 5 years. Very impressive Jerry. With all that lead and silver you had to be close to gold. Congrats and good luck this week! :yes:

Right Compass? Pyrite sure was in the Pay streak there...lotsa heavies and oldies...strange about the lack of gold? "With all this poo, theres gotta be a Pony in here someplace!" Gold is one cruel Mistress!:laughing:

Same here. I think 6 is my best single day silver total.

Thanks guys, and you are correct- there should have been some gold in the picture. And there would have been if not for operator error; I'll leave it at that and not repeat the same mistake again.

George, this cut was formed by a sustained swell hitting the same spot with no tidal movement- something we thought was less than ideal in most cases (which we believe to be true).

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom