Garrett 'Stealth' Pro Pointer - Am I on Borrowed Time?

Wildcat1750 (nyjrbethelct)

Forum Supporter
Yesterday my black Garrett Pro Pointer stopped beeping. It only vibrates now. This by itself is not a bad feature since I'd rather detect silently, but if the vibrating feature goes next I will be sunk for sure. Any similar experiences or fix suggestions out there?

BTW: I've had this Pro Pointer for more trouble-free years than I can even remember - it has served me well. ;)

Nick

I haven't had any problems with mine since I got it years ago. I don't know if it still beeps or not since I covered the speaker with orange tape to make it easier to find if I lost it. I have a hard time hearing it anyway and go by the vibration.

If you think it might have condensation in it, I would open up the batt. compartment and put it in a zip lock bag with some rice.

My black PP still working fine , I have the carrot too , kinda prefer the original , think has too many settings to play with . Always thought the original ,all it need was change the color , a little more depth . Good Luck with yours . HH

My black PP still working fine , I have the carrot too , kinda prefer the original , think has too many settings to play with . Always thought the original ,all it need was change the color , a little more depth . Good Luck with yours . HH

really..I like the orange one.....once you set it you never have to touch it again just turn it on like the original

Guess I'll have to take the simpler approach , I have been trying to use all the setting and half the time have no clue ! Does yours seem to be tough on batteries? Thanks relichead . HH

I haven't had any problems with mine since I got it years ago. I don't know if it still beeps or not since I covered the speaker with orange tape to make it easier to find if I lost it. I have a hard time hearing it anyway and go by the vibration.
I should have tried that a long time ago, Silversmith45! - I guess now the decision has been made for me.

Pry off the square cover and look inside.
If dirt or something else gets lodged in there it can muffle the sound...It happened to mine.
You can probe inside carefully and dislodge it but don't poke real hard.
Thanks, DIGGER27! I'm too chicken to take it apart. As long as it vibrates I'm good. Hopefully that part won't go any time soon.

If you think it might have condensation in it, I would open up the batt. compartment and put it in a zip lock bag with some rice.
Thanks, central joe. I doubt if that has happened tho.

Thanks, Ricki7. If an when this one goes I would like the carrot especially since it's waterproof.

really..I like the orange one.....once you set it you never have to touch it again just turn it on like the original
Good point, relichead. Plus, I would think that it's hard(er) to lose. ;)

Guess I'll have to take the simpler approach , I have been trying to use all the setting and half the time have no clue ! Does yours seem to be tough on batteries? Thanks relichead . HH
Sometimes less is more? :roll:

Plus, I would think that it's hard(er) to lose.

I just placed orange tape on mine and stuck another piece under the cap like a flag. It's easy to spot if you forget to pick it up after digging a target.
ProPointer.jpg

Love my black PP.

I bought a Whites TRX when they first came out and was really happy with it. But the simpler Garret was better for my hunts. So I agree with some of the other post about just a simple press and off I go. Glad you are happy with it.

I bought a Whites TRX when they first came out and was really happy with it. But the simpler Garret was better for my hunts. So I agree with some of the other post about just a simple press and off I go. Glad you are happy with it.

Thanks, I am, Rawhide, it has served me very well and continues to do so! I'll continue to hunt with it until it the day it stops vibrating and then replace it.

Back
Top Bottom