V3i Wireless Headphone issues

sataro

Forum Supporter
Has anyone had issues with their White's wireless headphones randomly shutting off. Spent yesterday hunting & my headphones would just shut off while hunting. Push the power button & they would immediately come back on & reconnect. Thought it was a battery issue so I installed a new set of batteries before I started hunting. The issue got so bad yesterday, I would walk 10-15 feet & headphones would shut down. When I first bought this machine a few weeks back, I didn't seem to have this issue.

Scenario for yesterday's hunt. Hunting buddy with me using a V3i also. He just purchased his V3i in the last couple if weeks. So we are both new to using the V3i. So we are both running V3i's with modded programs from stock programs.

I'm wondering if we are probably getting crosstalk from each other. I know we get near each other & chatter goes to unbearable level. I've been thinking about this problem & wondering if headphones can be shutting down due to overload. Last hunt site we went to, we hunted in close proximity to each other. My headphones did not want to stay on. Seemed as I was constantly having to turn them back on. Frustrating to say the least...

I'm hoping all is needed is that we need to get our detectors & headphones set up on different frequencies. I hate to have to send my headphones back in to White's to get checked out. The only other issue I noticed that seems tied in to this problem was I could turn my V3i off & my headphones would not turn automatically like they are supposed to.

Anyone else noticed symptoms like this? Sorry for the long winded post....

Never really had issues. The only issues I can think are:

1: Battery power issue.
2: Did you walk away to far from the tector & the shut down.

Never really had issues. The only issues I can think are:

1: Battery power issue.
2: Did you walk away to far from the tector & the shut down.

Rebel, thanks for the reply.

1: New batteries installed at start of day...
2: Shutdowns occurring while swinging detector and while digging target with detector sitting beside me...

Thanks... This info backs up what I was thinking. Close proximity & frequencies causing problems.

I don't hunt with any V3i hunters, and mine goes off at times by themselves even on solo hunts. I tend to think it is the batteries and contacts. It seems to work best with fresh batts, even though the other set reported 2.5v in GUI.

I don't believe there is a definitive answer.

I don't hunt with any V3i hunters, and mine goes off at times by themselves even on solo hunts. I tend to think it is the batteries and contacts. It seems to work best with fresh batts, even though the other set reported 2.5v in GUI.

I don't believe there is a definitive answer.

Thanks for the info here. I'm not sure on issue. I know my batteries are new Eveready's freshly installed. Contacts are clean & batteries fit tight so loose contacts are not an issue. Before my hunting partner bought his V3i I had no issues like this. It only started occurring when he started using a V3i. The only other variable to the situation is that I purchased a used Garrett Pro Pointer that I have been using. Headphones occasionally going off would not be an issue. While hunting yesterday, mine would not stay on for a minute at a time. Walk ten to fifteen feet & they would power off.

In the next day or two I will probably go for a short hunt by myself to check out what happens. Thanks again for your reply. HH...

Good advice given on the phones channel change. I will add that using a freq offset to eliminate cross talk of your machines is a good idea as well

Back
Top Bottom